1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 Panigale Ventureshield Kits

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Rob, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Had this kit professionally fitted to my 899 by Tony Hill of Tony James designs. Superb job and all the important bits covered.
    image.png

#41 Nigel Machin, Feb 5, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  2. I'm guessing the 1299 kit will fit the 959?

All I would want is the front nose section and front area of lower fairing behind the front wheel.

Does anyone know of a place selling individual sections of the kit?

3. I would call Guy at Race by Design.
    He should cut what you need out and post it to you if your not near.
    He's In the Gatwick area.
    Race By Design |

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Try Russell @ Invisible Patterns

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. cheers i will thanks

I've got loads of film left over from cars so can make something for the lower fairing easily enough but a pre cut nose section would be handy!

6. Thats what I'm after as well, just a pre cut nose section?

7. I contacted race by design who do a 959 pan kit for £95 or £75 without the tank.

I will probably fit stomp grips so don't want the tank so might got for this for £75.

8. I have the Race by design on mine. There is a piece for the tank that goes up from the the seat to the fuel cap. Acts as a tank pad but clear so not obtrusive.

9. I already have the carbon effect pad to go on for what good they do.

I think the most vulnerable part except for the nose and lower belly pan would be the knee section on the side panel. I'm not sure if that would be part of the tank lot or not.

Do 3Dom still offer a forum discount?

10. Think I'm definitely going to fit this to my bike after reading how soft the red paint is on various sites

Does 3Dom offer a site discount?

11. Hi Folks, just about to become the proud owner of a new 959, anyone know on any installers in Scotland?

12. I couldn't find anyone to touch my 1199 as late as Sept.last year. I had seen the work of a "professional" (the name escapes me) on someone else's bike and it was awful. Ended up doing it myself. The most time consuming thing about the process is ensuring the bike is spotless. I'd had my bike over a year before installing mine. Obviously I had to clean the bike and each panel had a liquid paint sealer on it that I had to remove prior. With a brand new bike I'd imagine the install to be a lot easier.

13. Ducati Glasgow will point you in the right direction. Or try detailer in the Glasgow area.

14. are you local to me

15. Houston near Paisley

16. Just purchased an 959 stepping down from my S1000RR, something a little more tame:)

17. I find my 899 all I need tbh on the road. Really get to ring it's neck. Feel like I'm riding the bike instead of just hanging on lol.

18. Tamer, but more interesting, better looking and sounds fantastic!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Hello All,

I had ventureshield already installed on my 1299S when i bought it. There are few small points around the front mirrors that have bubbled, is there any way to fix that? Also, and more importantly; theres a matt patch just above the front headlight. It looks like a dull/matte patch in the same way a car would that is in need of a T-Cut or compounding, if ive explained correctly.
    Before I start trying stuff on it, I thought to ask advice on here. Is there anyway I can polish the venture shield or in any way to fix this? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

20. Not that I ever do any cleaning and polishing but do you treat the bike as normal or is there anything different you need to do cleaning and maintenance wise with venture shield fitted?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information