1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Picked up Multi today

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Casp, Sep 15, 2012.

1. Picked up my Multi today and couldn't believe my luck regarding the weather especially with new tyres fitted. Swung my leg over and promptly scuffed the exhaust side pannier, now polished out with the help of Mr Sheen.

Had to endure about 40 miles of the M25 but at least I could confirm that yes the screen is noisy wether up or down. Fitted some Aztec spacers when I got home and they do seem to reduce the noise slightly. Will be looking at getting a new lid either the Schubeth S2 or the Shoei Qwest, anybody have any experience with this?

Had to go into town and park it opposite the coffee shop so I could keep looking at it over a latte. Looks so much better without the panniers on.

Had a play on the local back roads with it in Touring and was surprised to hit the throttle stop in third a couple of times, will stick it in sport next time. Slowly getting the tyres scrubbed in but still have about 3/4" of chicken stripes left. Found I was holding onto the bars to tightly which was upsetting the handling so will have to relax more. I have been riding an R1150rt for the past year and am out of practice re hooning around. It's early days but I think after riding for 27yrs it will take some time to get used to having traction control, have always relied on feeding in the power to avoid a high side.

Cant wait for a trip to the South of France next month but in the meantime I'm going to enjoy learning how to ride it properly.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Brilliant :)

3. Nice one Casp :upyeah: - the weather was brilliant wasn't it, I picked mine up too from Lincoln and enjoyed a wonderful 220 miles in the saddle.

4. Speaking of new lids....went into a motorcycle accessories shop in Stuttgart the other day....they actually have a mock up bike in a wind tunnel set up in their shop so patrons can test out noise levels of various helmets! Wish someone in the uk would take the initiative! :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1

5. Thats a brilliant idea, second you on that as something for helmet dealers to do!

6. 3rd on that!!!! That's a damn good idea

7. Knowing the Brit mentality (let's do everything on the cheap) the dealer will allow you to try a helmet on and then blast you with a hair dryer :wink:

• Like Like x 2
  8. You know that won't make any difference overall? Max throttle position is the same between 150high (sport) and 150low (touring), it's merely the mapping of how it gets there that changes.

9. Ever wondered how much it would cost to have every size of every helmet in stock just so someone can try them on and then have to throw them away at the end of every season?:wink:

10. get it on a track asap ... it will show you what it can do... especially on fine tuning the TC...

If you'll ride it hard, throw it in Sport 2 plus luggage and keep it there...
    and start practising trail braking.. it will do things the Beemers can't....

btw : Doodle is correct!

11. You're bound to flip it........just wonder how long before you do. If you're seeing wingy give him my regards. Enjoy.

12. What's that got to do with the price of fish?

I was making an anolgy with the wind tunnel in Stuttgart :rolleyes:

13. Great to have another Multstrada on the road!
    With reference to screen I must be the only MTS rider who actually gets on with the standard screen.
    Re: Helmets. I have an Arai RX7GP very cool as in:cool: lid but very noisy.
    Got a Shoei Qwest last year and is a huge improvement noise wise.Significantly quieter defo recommend it, if it fits of course.
    For what it`s worth my Arai Tour X is ok for the ride to work but a pain for longer than 65 miles.:tongue:
    Though for some reason it feels better on the Ducati than the standard GS 12 I had when I bought it 4 years ago :rolleyes:
    Any road have a ball on yer new bike:upyeah:

14. I also have a qwest. A vast improvement on my old arai. Still need ear plugs tho. Happy riding :upyeah:

15. Congrats on the bike

16. Oh yes still need earplugs:smile:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Cheers for the welcome and I just have to re adjust to riding a performance twin after the ZX10r, the Beemer doesn't really count.

Am planning a ride across to Hideout leathers in Essex as they stock both Schuberth and Shoei

Mark saw Wingy last week and France seems to be agreeing with him. I'll try not to flip this one but I can't promise, saying that I can always use the rear brake erm maybe not.

18. I have a Schubert C3 which is great, but of course, not the helmet you asked about :smile: But I would not go back to a non flip helmet.

Prior to that I had a Shoei (still have for track days) and I think Schubert and Shoei have quite different head fitments, my head is Schubert shaped, Shoei becomes uncomfortable after an hour or so.

19. If you want a quiet helmet, Schuberths are the ones to go for.

the new S2 is a cracking helmet as is the SR1.

#20 duke63, Sep 16, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2012
Do Not Sell My Personal Information