1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Picking Up My 848evo Thursday

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by slinky848, Feb 13, 2017.

1. i think i may end up waiting until next years summer to track it, and for now just go to see the racing on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Hi and welcome :grinning:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Welcome, great choice.

Damper is useful if riding fast B roads with lots of bumps at pace. Like off the edge of tyres, knee scraping pace. Or track, where you can turn it up nice and high and seems to help steering too by restricting lock (because its wound up tight). Especially good Oulton, Cadwell, places where you have lots of elevation changes nd bumps, or Angela full circuit where there is a double bump on the back straight just as you are pn the power. All it does it slow the rate of left/right movement so reduces the risk and feel. Be warned, have seen more than one person try and turn a bike at walking speed and not make it due to a wound up damper...otherwise its juts some nice bling :)

4. well today is thursday, off i go [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

• Like Like x 3
  5. welcome, please join the map linked below.

6. Pictures please [emoji1360]

7. Excuse my noob-ness what is this linked map I've seen various people mention can't see anything from my phone ?

8. I picked mine up yesterday... Prior to that i had a Triumph Daytona 650 and TT 600. The Ducati is a whole different experience, which by the time you read this, will probably be agreeing to. The question is, is the experience better or worse... and like me you'll be thinking only time will tell.

9. A damper is oem on the 999 and does benefit from it. I disconnected mine in order to lift the tank and refitted it with the rubber seal in the wrong place. This revealed itself with an unruly front end, once I refitted it correctly, all was fine.
    I haven't dismantled it but the damper on my model appears to me to work on air pressure and vacuum. With normal steering inputs, there is negligible resistance but if the steering moves violently, air resistance increases thus damping the movement.
    I've an idea the Ohlins version on the 'S' model has fluid in it though

10. The std 848 damper isn't adjustable. The ohlins is oil I suspect and you manually adjust the settings.

Thought the 999 was the same tbh, and it's fairly loosely set so if you do bumpy tracks you notice it needs more. Especially if you are using all the torque on exit and lifting the wheel a bit

11. Yes, sounds likely to be the same.

For the road riding I'm doing, I'm perfectly happy with the non-Ohlins version I have. I didn't notice it working until it wasn't, which seems ideal.

• Like Like x 1
  12. ill take some snappies, i need to get used to the clutch biting point still. but wow what an amazing bike, its actually quite comfortable. got to 120 no issue passing somone. (didnt not realise i went that fast)

i filled it up, it already got ppl stopping and looking at it

• Like Like x 1
  13. the piccys IMG_0808.JPG [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  14. Dry clutch conversation...

15. Finally figured what these look like!!!!
    848.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  16. is it a slipper?

17. Could be. That looks like an Akro pipe :Blackeye::Banghead:

18. yes its a slipper clutch

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information