1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pop Bang

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Cream_Revenge, Mar 11, 2017.

1. In my view, you don't NEED a power commander or a remap.

Ensure you've got the correct EPROM fitted (DP08054/11) get the balance and CO set up correctly and I guarantee that if there isn't air leaks or some other underlying problem it will run very well!

One other thing - TPS value on 996 should be 423 mvolt

#21 Rman, Mar 12, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
  2. If it's just had new slip ons, chances are it's an air leak.
    Slip them off, use some combined lubricant/sealing paste (Firegum?) to slip them back on again.

3. It's not uncommon to have pops from the exhaust on overrun after fitting less restricted/ baffled silencers on carbed and efi bikes.

4. Agree with Rman. Get it set up properly with a decent EPROM first. I've seen loads of power commanders sold and tuned to sort issues out that could have been sorted with a decent tune.

5. Do you sell them?

6. lol, I wish I was capable!

7. DP08054/11 is for a 2001 996 with 50mm Termi's?

8. Yep, part nr was G08 054-11 or maybe find a s/h FIM EPROM

• Like Like x 1
  9. Is it the 1.6m ecu?
    My old 748R did exactly as you describe. I enriched it up as below and it was good as gold...
    upload_2017-3-12_20-19-58.png

• Like Like x 1
  10. If Rman and Nelly say do that first, IMHO do that first :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Not directly. I use either JHP or CJS. Both good.

12. Thanks, I'll call them tomorrow.

13. I have one sat here amongst my spares from my 996. If CR is interested I'm up for selling. Also have a set of sps cams that would go in nicely ;-)

14. For a bog standard 996 2001 with the 45mm to 50mm system?

Don't want the cams thanks.

15. Yeah, will dig out the ultimap number if you want to double check

16. Looks like it's for a 996s, so unless you had the sps cams it'd be wrong. Sorry!
    UM231 ultimap

17. Thanks anyway.

18. Um, not sure, I get a bit confused with the ECU's. It's the older type I think :-/

19. So you just turned it up a bit? Did you actually set to a level and measure or just turn it a little bit and try it?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information