1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

996 Possible New Wheels

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by cookster, Feb 15, 2017.

1. hi chaps im currently doing work on my 996 and ive been offered a set of tt3 dymag wheels off a 955 race bike, they are small axle wheels and 17 inch, my question.. will i be able to run the speedo cable off them?? can i swap the drive over to the dymags from the standard marchesini's?? must admit i cant remember what i did with my last wheels whether i swapped it over?? cheers

2. Isn't the speedo off the spacer on the front wheel?

3. Advertised as race wheels on the Dymag web site and doesn't look like the front wheel has the 2 dogs for the speedo drive to locate on. If you can get a look at them before you buy or at least get a close up of the front wheel hub, that should answer the question. Andy

4. cheers chaps, there off a friend so i could borrow them for a couple of days il get some photos taken, i couldnt remember if the spacer was interchangeable for different wheels, hope they are cos there mint. Mmmmmmmmm sps track bike i wonder??? o_O

5. As Andy says depends if it has a locator from memory

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. i will get sent over to work and have a look chaps. cheers.

7. That would have been my plan: track trim and occasion nice Sunday :upyeah:

8. come and buy it paul before i spend my mortgage on it! Ive got plans for it but must resist.

9. If I could afford it mate like a shot

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information