1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Power Commander 3

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by Desmoquattro, Oct 13, 2016.

1. I have read some stuff about these and some say they are a pain to set up and that a reflash of the stock Ecu is better or even the Ducati Performance one ( rocking horse shit rare and expensive ). I may want to do more mods in the future so would prefer adjustability. Bike runs ok as it is with arroe cans only although I have a K and N to go on for next years riding. So thoughts please from those that have done this. Also, does anyone have one they would let go?

2. I have a 1999 750SSie (naked custom) and have fitted inlets, pod filters, custom exhaust (2-1) and i have a PC3 fitted. Would really need to dyno it to get it set up perfect, but it runs and pulls great. Got a 14T front sprocket (not fitted yet) as the 5 speed box means first is quite tall, but might get round to that next year. Previously i had a monster 796 and i had the ECU reflashed and it made a great difference to the low down running after removing all the emissions crap.

3. A Power Commander only has a limited number of parameters, nine I believe, that you can adjust whereas having a custom chip made for an ECU covers anything that is needed.

Contact some like CJS for the full lowdown. I have had two done, both by CJS, and the difference is very noticeable. It's not cheap but it's the best way to go and you will get every ounce of power that is available.

The only drawback is that you should make all engine mods etc. first.

CJS RACING Ducati Cylinder Heads Tuning Gas Flow Dyno ECU Custom Mapping Bristol Bath

4. I've fLashed a couple recently with the Rexxer and had decent results. Since Ducati have been doing the Termis again, but not supplying the ECU, it's been a convenient resolution. Not a full blown bespoke map, but not big money either.
    The 1.5 ECU doesn't use a EPROM, so flashing is the only alternative to the power commander.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. The PC3 piggy backing the 1.6M ecu on my 853 failed last time out. Fortunately the eprom fitted was almost there so the engine still ran pretty sweetly. In hindsight a proper remap for whatever type of ecu should be your preferred option as the initial cost of the PC3 plus a dyno run isn't far off the cost of a remap. Andy

6. Ok, will look into reflash further, thanks

7. I went through the options and ended up on the dyno with a custom map on original ECU. Everything else seemed like a compromise at the time.

Don't these Power Commander devices only come on at about 3000rpm?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information