1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pressure Plates For Slipper Clutches

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by comfysofa, Mar 25, 2017.

1. As above.... All the aftermarket plates are for stock clutches.... Anyone know of any where you can purchase for slipper clutches?

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

2. For which slipper? I know you can buy the STM / EVR ones new on their www page

#2 bettes, Mar 25, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
  3. Think Mines a standard dp jobbie (not a ramps but ball bearingift)... Thought they'd all be the same...!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

4. Standard clutch pressure plate has serrations that engage with the clutch centre. Slipper pressure plate is flat and does not engage with the clutch centre. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Didnt make myself clear...i thought all slipper pressure plates would be the same...

6. All the Bucci style (Ducati used to buy in Bucci clutches) will be but STM, EVR etc aren't the same construction so are different. Andy

7. Ducati Coventry, if I remember they only come as a complete kit ie friction And steel plates.

8. seems the right place to ask. sorry its off your current convosation.

i have a ducati 848, ducati dry slipper clutch.
    i get no issues with it at all, in any gear.

but when i pull away if im slow to let the clutch fully out (in first)

the clutch or somthing makes a nasty noise. and the power surges (like the clutch slipping but the bad way)

is it a, dont half way the clutch on this thing?

or a the clutch is fucked/not fitted correctly?

9. Take the pressure plate off and check the spider spring isn't broken, you should be able to tell without having to remove the drum nut.

20130717_170800.jpg

10. spider spring being the copper coloured thing? thats looks slightly like spiderman?

11. Well, just the 2 cents going in here - for me the grabby clutch cure was to very lightly grease the plates with lithium grease (i tend to put some one then take it off with a cloth). Now ive not done the next bit but some apparently put the plates in the oven to bake the grease in....as mines a slipper clutch with the ball bearing ramp system it needs to be serviced every couple of k so i tend to regrease the plates then....if you put too much on it'll slip at high torque but, eventually it dries out (a good caning usually does that).

Unless anyone has any alternatives thats my fix that i use myself....

12. if it is or it isnt broken. whats the next step. i guess replace if broken but, if not?

13. try my fix....its whats worked for me so far...

• Like Like x 1
  14. not sure i would say grabby? maybe your right. most of the time its fine, i guess when i pull away a bit harder than relaxed like trying to pull out infront of somone comming fast it does it

15. Well, for the cost of a tub of grease id say try it....as i say be very sparing with the grease....when you service the clutch applying a bit of grease to the plates as they go back in adds a few mins to the reassembly time...

16. Check the basket slots aren't badly ridged/worn, if they are they can grab the friction plates preventing a nice smooth operation

17. Yeah this bit, check carefully notice this one has a crack in it .... not good, when mine went it was in 3 pieces

Spidercrack2.jpg

18. Yep - what he said....i think mine are starting to get a bit "ridgey" - got a spare though....

19. And this is what a worn basket looks like

IMG_1154.jpg

20. wow thanks guys. ill maybe take a look myself, maybe go to a garage. im good with tools, but dont want to make it worse [emoji16] i mean, torques etc i just have no clue. but i can have a look if i grow a pair.

you think theres somthing wrong then. its definatly not suppose to do it

Do Not Sell My Personal Information