1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748 Recommisioning Cost ?

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Android853sp, Nov 13, 2016.

1. I looked at an early totally original 748BP yesterday and have decided to persuade the current owner that he needs to sell it to me. I've known this bike almost since day 1 and it's been sat indoors on display with 900 miles on the clock. In conversation with a mate, I learned that the owner has recently tried to start the bike and currently all attempts have failed hence my decision. IMO, I think I'm looking at a full engine strip and rebuild for peace of mind which could end up being an open cheque but a budget of about £2k sounds about right. What is the opinion of the Collective ? I have enough new and good used bits to upgrade the engine to R specification and just fancy it. Andy

2. Why not! :)

3. Yeah do it Andy.

4. How much for the hub? :Muted:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thought you were sorted with one from Tom ? Andy

6. @Nelson hey Gary can you get any bits from that 748r being broken up??

7. I was eyeing up the swingarm, but I'm only one bit sort now mate.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Belts and oil and off you go. If it slows it will need rebuilding, so why spend the money if it doesn't? ;)

9. Belts, oil, other fluids, brake and tyre check...Bish bosh

10. I had an SP a while back that had been off the road for 8 years not moving - I did the usual, belts, plugs, fluids, oil air and fuel filter, checked alternator nut, greased hub, swingarm pivot, checked fuel lines, after this it ran a treat... no issues at all.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information