Featured Royal Enfield 350 Bullet

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Red899, Nov 16, 2023.

1. Found this pic of me selling my 350 bullet I rode round India and Nepal to an Israeli fella who was going back the other way
    Absolute heap of shit that broke down more times than I can remember but it cost me £450 for the best 9 months of my life.
    Whats not to love (apart from my terrible long hair).

IMG_5289.jpeg

• Like Like x 13
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. The drop handlebars were a blessed relief btw :joy:

3. Superb! :)
    I've recently been think about planning a trip such as this! (At a slightly more advanced age :D)

• Like Like x 1
  4. it was epic and I’d do it again tomorrow if I could. Incredible place and you get curry for breakfast , what’s not to love :joy:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. I’ll bet you’ve got some good stories and memories from such an adventure.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Erm...
    I nearly had to have my leg amputated in kathmandu, we were stalked by a tiger in western nepal and knocked off our bikes and attacked by pirates in Bihar (N.India). Pretty standard holiday tbh.

(The good ones are probably not repeatable on here ;) )

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. There could well be a future memoir in this?

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Standard Club 18-30...:upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 3
  9. Probably get more holiday insurance on one of them than I had lol.

Id never ridden a motorbike either until I landed in Delhi and bought one in the bike market.

Half a day wobbling up and down the back streets and off we set lol.

• Like Like x 4
  10. I ended up living in India, back in the day, working for the man, and looked at getting a bike. Unfortunately I didn't have the correct acrobat license so they wouldn't sell me one. I did get to keep the sales brochure though - just a magnificent piece of advertising.

Enfield Bullet brochure 1.jpeg Enfield Bullet brochure 2.jpeg Enfield Bullet brochure 3.jpeg Enfield Bullet brochure 4.jpeg
    In reality, based in New Delhi, the roads in the city were just too dangerous for motorcycling IMHO.

I can't say they were the best years of my life, although possibly some of the most memorable.....

• Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  11. Thanks for taking the time to post that, i cant say i agree with the reliability statement but it honestly was a brilliant bike to do what i wanted to in the conditions we faced (freezing to desert). We rode through pretty much everything including rivers up to your tank and mountain passes you could barely fit the width of a front tyre over and it never struggled. And if it did you could always get it going again and the parts were in pence rather than pounds. It even sounded bloody lovely.

I went back to Goa between jobs in 2017 and had a month bimbling around on the newer models, that was fun will try and dig some pics out.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I had the camo green one for the duration but it was a 500

IMG_2374.jpeg

IMG_2928.jpeg

IMG_2396.jpeg

IMG_2361.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. I’ve just moved out here to New Delhi for a while with my job (peacock in the garden this morning!). Looking into buying a Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 which at £3500 including taxes and insurance doesn’t seem too bad at all. I’ve not been here long but surprised at the good quality of the roads around where I am. Traffic in the early mornings is next to nothing so plenty of opportunity to have a few ride outs. Off to Foa on Thursday to get out of the pollution for a few days so may get a bullet to ride for a day

IMG_0105.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
    • Love You Love You x 1
  14. Yes reminds me of India and Sri Lanka, Crap everywhere on the road sides, in the Villages and Towns.
    Absolutely filthy people, I would never go back there.

• Funny Funny x 2

15. “and we’ll have more from Judith Chalmers next week”

• Funny Funny x 4
  16. Happy to oblige! I am going to Ashford (Kent) next week, I can do a review if you would like one.
    Providing the bike does not get stolen and we get out in one piece,

17. "Crap everywhere on the road sides, in the Villages and Towns.
    Absolutely filthy people, I would never go back there".

Should about cover it...:D

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. :mad::mad:
    To be fair that covers pretty much all of the UK. The detritus that gets thrown from cars after consumption of snacks and drinks………:mad:

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. When I rule the world anyone caught littering will be euthanized and have their organs harvested.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Sounds like you'd make a good advisor to the new President of Argentina :joy:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information