1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rukka - Never Again!

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by The Bar Man, Nov 30, 2016.

1. I have just replaced my worn out rukka arma-s with another rukka navigator and removed all the zips for my new jacket in the future as replaced pocket and sleeve zips in my arma-s. I also have the very seldom used collar. You are more than welcome to the collar in case it fits. Please pm me with your address and i'll post it to you. Don't need it back so throw out if doesn't fit.

Regards
    Geoff

• Like Like x 18
  2. If carlsberg did forum members..

Nice one geezer.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Well done that man!

4. Top bombing Geoffduk :)

5. Geoff,

You are a superstar, I have PM'd you (I think).

I really appreciate your kind offer and, as I have mentioned in the PM, I would be very happy to pay you for this.

Thank you very much.

6. Buy the man a bacon sandwich.

7. I'm more than happy to do that but it would probably be cold by the time it traveled from the south coast to Bonnie Scotland.

My view of Rukka hasn't changed but I greatly appreciate the generosity of the Ducati forum menbers.

8. Collar cleaned and posted today. Should have it Tuesday or Wednesday. It was taken from my size 52 jacket so hope it fits.

Regards
    Geoff

• Like Like x 1
  9. Thanks very much Geoff, you really didn't need to go to the trouble of cleaning it up.

Not sure what size my jacket is but I will let you know how I get on.

Thanks again.

Bob

10. Ive always understood that Rukka should be first if you ride every day as they are a just about the best money can buy. Personally I'm happy with my Halvarsson kit.

I can hardly believe the bullshit you are getting with them not being able to supply such a small and simple thing even charging you would resolve the problem and they would have a happy customer. RUKKA PR sort your self's out its pathetic a company of your standing you should be ashamed. Rant over ;-)

11. Someone should forward this thread to rukka,s pr department(I would ,but don't know how)
    Bad news travels fast in the motorcycle world!

12. Stadler are way better.

13. TBH it doesn't really matter whether it's a high volume low margin product or vice versa... their old models are probably not supported beyond the warranty period and if the product fails and they give you the equivalent new model if a repair isn't economically viable then that's really them meeting their obligation. This isn't about them not meeting their commitment to honour their warranty or providing a sub-standard product, it's about you having lost a non-replaceable part of your product. That really isn't their responsibility as the thing they provided didn't fail.

Now, that said... if I was the distributor or the product owner then I'd probably not want to lose the loyalty of a customer prepared to drop Rukka-quids on product. So I'd probably grovel a bit and offer a hefty discount on the current equivalent as a goodwill gesture.

14. Yes, like a gastric whoooosh! :-D

15. I certainly didn't know it was non replaceable when I bought the jacket and I don't believe it's a question that many would ask. Would it have changed my decision to buy it? I can't say for sure.

As luck would have it a very kind contributor to this forum has given me a collar from a jacket they replaced.

That said, I think it's a pretty shoddy state of affairs that a manufacturer will happily relieve a customer of £1000 for a jacket and not be in a position to supply a replacement for a detachable collar (even if said purchaser is a total fuckwit).

Thanks to the aforementioned forum member I have solved my immediate problem but as far as buying more Rukka kit is concerned, I don't care how good it is, they can shove it where the sun don't shine.

16. Bristol for 11 months of the year?

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Can't be Manchester. That's all 12.

:)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information