1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S2r800 Speedo Stopped Working

Discussion in 'Monster' started by Hughsie, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Hi folks - my Speedo needle has suddenly stopped working.
    Both clocks sweep at ignition-on - then after about 3 seconds, the Engine Management Light comes on.
    The Tacho works - all the lights work, but the speedo needle nor mileage hasn't moved in 3 days!
    The fuel light came on - but the tripmeter then sits at zero.

Is there anything I can try before forking out for a new Sensor?
    Thanks in advance!

2. Did you do anything at all to the bike to coincide with this?

Have you you swapped any bolts for stainless perhaps??

3. Check the cable and connectors leading to the sensor. I presume you know that the sensor is next to the rear disc and takes its readings from the disc. It may be worth checking that the sensor hasn't moved.

4. Did nothing as far as I'm aware.
    The only thing I can think of was getting caught in a bloody heavy downpour - but it's not ike it's the 1st time that happened...

5. Would that involve removing the rear wheel?

6. No you shouldn't need to. The disc has some small ferrous dots spaced around it that trigger the sensor. They look like the end of a bolt protruding slightly from the face of the disc. Identify those then follow the arc of one and you will find the sensor fixed to the swing arm. From memory it's a small black module with a wire coming from it.

7. Thanks for the replies lads - i've located the sensor - any way of figuring out if that's the problem, or should I just install a new sensor?

8. Sorry I can't really help much more. I'm at the limit of my knowledge here. I know that mine stopped working when I fitted a new disc as that didn't have the ferrous triggers on and we had to retro fit bolts to do the job. If you haven't changed the disc then it's probably a faulty sensor or a broken/disconnected cable.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information