1200 DVT Satnav Advice

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Pembroke Boy, May 17, 2015.

1. No, it's easier on the 2015 DVT. There is a well-positioned, accessible DIN Hella socket just to the right of the dashboard (in addition to the ones at the rear of the bike). It's perfect for powering a satnav, phone etc mounted on a bracket or via the tankbag.

2. Try page 316 - 318 of the Manual.

3. According to the DVT manual, there is a gps connector fitted. Page 396 showing the breakdown of the wiring system, item number 2 and on the actual wiring diagram itself

• Like Like x 1
  4. But where is the connector itself?

5. Cheers guys. My original thinking was to hardwire it in, and not thought about using the plug. Maybe a stupid question, but I assume you have to buy a specific DIN Hella plug that takes the tomtom connector at the other end? Looked at one and it was about £25 with a switch included. Seems like overkill?

6. Phunky Phish - Don't know where the plug is on the DVT

Pembroke Boy - the plug usually comes with the tails to solder to your satnav device, pic of a plug on pre DVT Multi

multistrada_1200_satnav_connector_location.jpg

7. Looking at mine the connector is up by the headstock on the LHS as you sit on the bike. You need to remove the cover over the recovery system button (the button that lets you start using a PIN number). My connector was in with a bunch of cables on the LHS, it may be just two wires in there that are taped up, mine has the connector fitted so not sure what it looked like before.
    Make sure you clip the cover back properly afterwards.

I should add this is one 2015 DVT Bike!

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. Thanks again Veetwin. Would be great to hear from anyone who's wired one in on their 2015 DVT. That sounds like the cleanest method of wiring it in, but wouldn't want anything going pop!

9. Cheers JimVee, will try and find it.

10. Anyone found the connector yet, reading an article on MCN Australia webpage and they say its near the instrumentation which in my mind says there is a dedicted connector similar to the pre DVT model near the dash which isn't the power socket. I will have a look when I get mine which will hopefully be in a couple of weeks unless someone finds it beforehand.

"Two 12V power sockets, one positioned immediately underneath the passenger seat and the other on the front section of the bike, are available: these can carry loads of up to 8A (fused) and power items such as heated clothing, intercoms or mobile phone chargers. Available as a Ducati Performance accessory, the GARMIN sat-nav is powered via a special connector near the instrumentation. A USB socket is also available in the under-seat zone; this can be connected to a smartphone"

11. Pop off the cover for the pin code start button. Undo the two bodywork screws on the LHS panel. Gently slide the panel towards the front of the beak - it gives you plenty of access. You'll find two connectors. The bigger white one is for the auto fuel cap. The other (smaller) has two wires coming out that go nowhere and are sealed in hard plastic. This is the sat nav connection. Pop out the two wire connector, pair back the wires and hard wire the sat nav. You can see which is the power wire (red) from the loom side of the connector. You may need to shorten your sat nav cable too. Solder on with heat shrink on each wire and heat shrink over the two wires to finish. Works fine.

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 3
  12. Thanks very much Splash. :upyeah:

13. Nice one! Sounds like a plan. Thanks mate, much appreciated.

14. Nice one mate, was looking for this one!

15. I picked up my new mutley yesterday and got on with fitting the navihalter and tomtom 400.
    How short are the wires on that white plug?!! That was a start!!

Does anyone know if you can pair the Bluetooth to the bike?

Fitted a screen protector to the dash. For the sake of £4 for 6 why don't the dealers do it?

Also had to up the seat height. Was told it was already high at its standard setting.

Why don't dealers ask before collection what height to set the seat and do you want the front mudguard extender fitting?

Enjoying the bike and looking forward to a higher seat!!!

16. Spoke to the dealer today and said on the old model, 1200 my model, that the plug (under left hand panel) is a dummy plug and to direct solder sat nav to it as it is already fused too. This sound correct to everyone? I just question it as I'm sure ppl have bought plugs for some reason.

17. It's a dummy plug you pull out, cut the wires and solder to your satnav wire and plug it back it. Jobs a good un!

18. Fitted mine the other day. Height adjuster is still usable but make no mistake it's not an easy operation with the navihalter on. Don't let it put you off. Still awesome bit of kit.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. You could always add metal zipties to make the security of the garmin mount much more tougher!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information