1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scatched Screen Fix

Discussion in 'Detailing and cleaning' started by hill100, Dec 2, 2016.

1. My screen was scratched and used a Perspex polish called Quixx by Xerapol. The results were amazing. Easy to use and the screen looks like new.

• Useful Useful x 3
  2. Their headlight stuff worked on removing very deep scores on my R1 headlights.

Quality kit.

3. I think so. Used a drill and a buffer pad to work at it though, took bloody ages. A couple of hours if I remember right. Wasn't a perfect finish, but considering the whole unit separated from the bike and went down the road I was well chuffed. I part-ex'd it and it wasn't noticed.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Note the headlights are on the floor.
    image.jpeg

After I fixed it up and polished the lights. Can still see a few marks but it came out very well all considered.
    image.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  5. Just out of interest, did you fix yourself without insurance?

6. Yep, was on TPFT. Been doing it for years but it finally caught up with me. £1500 all in after some serious eBay scouring. Only bit new was the nose cone, couldn't find one for shit. Cost me £300 on its own. All oem bar the nose brace kit.

7. 2 hours? Jesus Christ I'd just get a new bike.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. I only ask as it backs up my theory that just because a bike is not cat D or C doesn't mean it shouldn't have been. I feel many more bikes go down the road and are put right than most will ever know about.

9. Agreed. It would have been a cat c for sure, subframe snapped so it took a fair wack.

• Like Like x 1
  10. 2 hours that saved me £500 - worth it!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Makes me think you'll never truly know if a bikes ever been dropped unless you buy new.

12. You can buy every part for a bike so there's absolutely no certainty unless you buy new. If the frame, forks and suspension are straight then I don't see much issue if everything else looks mint. Some metal expert will talk about stress fractures and what not, but no garage has ever written off a bike for anything else other than its bent or it costs more than its worth.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information