1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seized Back Brake

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by 6668mark, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Hi as as title I bought a 2010 hyper 796 that had been stood for 18 month or so out side under a cover.when I bought the bike I new it needed a new chain which is now replaced with a gold d.i.d chain,so once fitted I took the bike for a run and found the rear brake not working.ive took it off pads out but how do you free it as its a sealed unit.any help would be most helpful.

2. Given the faff associated with refurbishing a seized unit, I'd check the price of a new replacement. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Ok cheers I'll price one up,been as I only paid £2500 for the bike it's a one owner 5000 miles and a full tremignoni I should expect to pat a few quid out.

4. Geez !!! Yer names not Dick Turpin by chance ?

5. Post a picture up of the caliper, if you have no rear brake at all odds on the piston in the rear master cylinder had stuck at the top of it's travel (will cause a soft pedal).

Normal when the pistons in the caliper seize the rear wheel will bind (can feel it when pushing the bike or spinning the rear wheel).

9 times out of 10 an hours work and some rubber grease will soet out a binding rear caliper..

Do Not Sell My Personal Information