1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Semi Active Ohlins suspension

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Tripletrouble, Apr 23, 2013.

1. I've been following the development of this for a while so I decided to enquire with Ohlins directly about the availability of the control unit to turn the Ohlins equipped bikes into ones with semi-active suspenders.
    This is the reply I have just received;

I'm going to be ordering that as soon as it's available, without a doubt!!

2. Yes, £250 for an upgrade to what is essentially the SkyHook system is very good value, especially as it's plug'n'play and a new ECU!

3. Sounds like a bargain!

4. It's nowhere near as sophisticated as Skyhook. That has lots of sensors, our bikes don't. It's more of an adaptive system than active.

5. Yep. It's not Skyhook. It picks up info from CANBUS relating to speed, throttle position etc. and adjusts on that info. It also takes into account the riding mode selected.

6. Note the use of the word "essentially" !!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Brilliant, more info please !

8. Not much more to add. It's a replacement ECU, plug and play. £250 inc. vat and should be available sometime May onwards..

9. Seems mega bargain to me :upyeah:

10. Can you attach the info the ohlins rep sent u please ?

(as a picture if probs)

- want to see if the ECU replaces the suspension ECU because my understanding was that costed a lot more than 250 where it failed on some people's post ?

(or am I getting Ecu's mixed up ? - I think there are only 2 ecus right ?) - mitsi one and ohlins on the left hand side ?

bugs

11. Hi was researching this last night and this replaces the ECU under the seat. I believe the other ECU is under side panel??? If you google ohlins and the part number is it 30000-35 or something and use google translate on the Italian pages it does say suspension adapts to riding style so seems a bargain to me if road tests agree.

12. That looks like the ECU on the front left...hold on let me check my bike is at work today

13. hmm not sure...

14. have u posted this on the US site ? - I think the american cousins would go nuts for it...

15. Does anyone know if it is available in the UK yet. Seems to be something worth considering at that price.

16. It says in the flyer above "Available May".

17. This is gonna be interesting! Who's jumping in first? :)

18. The ECU in the LHS panel is for the exhaust/ Termi's etc. there should be a 2nd unit under the seat that controls the suspension.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information