1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Side Stand Switch St4.

Discussion in 'Sport Touring' started by scotchjoe, Jun 8, 2016.

1. Recently bought an ST4 2000,giving it a once over before putting it on the road.
    Noticed the sidestand switch is missing but cant work out where its meant to fit on the stand.
    I understand that a lot of Ducati's run with the switch disabled,so a common enough mod.I would like to replace it and wire it back into the loom.
    Could anyone help with the location of the sidestand switch connector on the loom,to get me in the right area of the wires as I see no connector block.
    Also the type of sidestand switch needed.I have scoured ebay,but there seems to be different sidestands for different years.
    PTDC0015 (1024x768).jpg

2. My side stand springs up when you take the weight off it. Therefore no need for a side stand switch.

It doesn't have one. Simples.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Thank you for the reply.So its simply in need of a clean,good to know.
    The ST4 wiring diagram that I have on disc shows a switch.Ebay shows amongst other ST4 stands with switches,a stand and bracket the same as mine with no locating peg or bracket for a switch.changes in different years maybe.

4. Maybe. All I know is there's no switch on mine and make sure you've got the bike well and truely weighted ON the sidestand, otherwise it flicks up and the bike goes down.

5. There are, or at least used to be, modifications available to make the sidestand "over-centre" so it would stay down.

6. My stand is not the flick up type.Its been cleaned and still stays in the down position when the weight is taken off the stand.So just have to try and remember to flick it up before pulling away.

7. Joe, the switch mounts on the outside of the stand pivot bolt for most bikes (when it is fitted), IIRC the part number for late STs is the same as those fitted to late 748 and 998s. There is a tapped hole in the centre of the side stand pivot bolt for the mounting screw. These were fitted to ST4s but maybe only MY01 onwards. If there is a wiring connector with the bypass loop kit it will be left side of the bike between the cylinders 2 or three wire connector. Download a parts book from Ducati to see exactly what should be there.

8. My bike is a parallel import sold as a new bike in 2000 but I think its a 1999 model(gold frame and wheels).
    Had a look on a parts fiche and there is no sidestand switch shown for a 1999 model.Don't think there is a safety cut out relay wired loom on the bike as there is no switch on the clutch lever either.
    Not a big problem,If I feel the need I can wire in a warning light.
    I know the switches that you are describing Denzil,my sidestand and bracket have neither post nor internal threaded bolt to accommodate a switch.They are also fitted to a lot of Honda's as well as other makes of bikes.Funnily enough they can be bought second hand for a fraction of the cost of a used Ducati switch.The connector block would need swapped,but five minutes with a soldering iron would sort that.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information