1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

749 Slip On Termi Coring

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by Scotty-vr46, Feb 8, 2017.

1. hey folks trying to make my termi louder it's just the std slip on, was wondering if anybody has cored theirs and if so any vids or pics on how it's done and how long it takes would be much appreciated, cheers

2. It should already be straight through with perforated pipes that allow some of the the sound to be absorbed by the packing around them.
    When people core cans, they sometimes adjust the loudness of the can by wrapping the perforated pipe(s) at the intake end - the more of the pipe they wrap, the louder the can will be.
    Opening up the can to do this seems like a lot of hassle but I think you could achieve the same result by blocking the perforations from inside the pipe.
    IMHO, the stuff that is used to lubricate and then seal exhaust joints is pretty ideal for this, as it hardens with heat and is designed to cope with exhaust temperatures.
    Ideally, take the can off and treat the intake end but if you're feeling lazy you could simply do the tail-pipe end for a quick fix with no dismantling

Do Not Sell My Personal Information