1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So What Is It Like Riding A Desmo?

Discussion in 'D16 Desmosedici RR' started by Saalagora, Oct 30, 2016.

1. Yet another Desmo thread!! Apologies in advance but given that mine hasnt been delivered I am reduced to just talking about them...

Anyway, hopefully I will get it on Wednesday. Unfortunately the weather forecast is for it to get much colder next week so not sure if I will get to ride it before they start salting the roads, which would mean waiting until the spring to find out what it is like. That would be a tad frustrating.

So what are they like to ride on the road and how do they compare with a Panigale?

Any tips once I finally get it on the road (beyond the obvious of not dropping it!)

2. Oh I was expecting a write up saal
    You tease :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. you can still sit on it and make broom broom noises... That's always fun!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. It's a Desmo, you have to make MMMMMWWWWAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR noises. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Don't worry. Extensive write up coming...at some point. Actually the weather looks ok for Wednesday and it looks quiet enough on Wednesday at work that I can sneak off for a few hours to fit in delivery and a short ride. Just got to make sure I block out my calendar on Outlook first thing tomorrow before someone tries to snag me for a meeting!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Have you bought a Desmo? You should have said :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. @Freak is best placed to answer this

8. I know they rattle your teeth I was close to one when it took off
    The sound is like nothing else I have heard

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. @Dave has probably done more miles than most. 15k plus on his.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. well I sold my desmond to buy my 1199s, as the desmond was 'so overrated'.
    Basically, the panigale is 50% faster everywhere, 80% more powerful, 150% better looking, and 200% more reliable. It was 300% cheaper too, so better, in every way.
    Honest.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Depends upon the meaning of bought. Do they have my money? Yes. Do I have the bike yet? No! Until I'm fondling the bodywork in my garage or working my way to an ASBO by pissing my neighbours off with the exhaust I won't feel like it is truly mine!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. The 1199S is probably quicker and more reliable and much, much cheaper. But not better looking to my eyes. Did I mention the noise?

13. What if you don't like it? :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Most expensive test ride of my life?

15. Then all is not lost, you can put them to another use quite easily. I used mine as a shelf when I was plastering my garage. :)

IMG_2568.JPG

• Like Like x 1
    • WTF WTF x 1
  16. You a plasterer? That explains a lot... :pompus::D

• Funny Funny x 3
  17. No, and what does that mean? :D

18. i was joking on every aspect, i would kill for that v4 :upyeah:

19. but the vespa? well, no.

20. It's gone, and the money went; in part towards the 1098R. Am I forgiven? :Angelic:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information