1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spark Issues

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by Desmoquattro, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Vertical cylinder not firing well on my 1993 900SS, doesnt matter if its on Kukosan box or Ignitech. Fouls the plug and I can see unburnt fuel coming out the back. Its got CA cycleworks coils on it. When I was checking the timing with a light earlier it was flashing intermitently. The front cylinders ok. When I rev the bike it runs quite nice. Does this sound like the pickup sensors? I have ordered 2 from Electrex World

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Pick up sensor loose......or failing that, faulty.

But why p*ss about with replacing OEM stuff if it wasn't faulty, because IMO, this is where half the trouble comes from.

3. The flywheel/alternator nut has a habit of coming loose on these engines. Is there a knock??

• Love You Love You x 1
  4. I occasionally agree with this, but my bike is far from standard so I want a good ignition system.

Thankfully, no. I would be well hacked off as I only rebuilt the engine last year.

5. Common scenario and one of the symptoms is dropping onto one cylinder.
    Best prevention is a pair of Nicol Engineering thin locknuts to replace the single oem one.

6. Ive seen those before, gotta order from States dont you? I have to go into cases anyway so will inspect this.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Yes, they're made in the US of A

Do Not Sell My Personal Information