Featured V4 Streetstrada, Panistrada, Stradagale Or Stradafigher?

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by TXSailor, Nov 1, 2023.

1. The Multistrada V4RS is again "challenging" the motorcycling public as to what sort of bike "classification" is to be applied. I have a deposit down on one to replace my 2019 1260S but have never ridden a V4 Panigale. I have ridden a Street Fighter V4 (briefly) and found it to be a "hoot" but I don't do "naked" anymore.

At 75 years "young" ( it's all relative, eh?), there is no way I will be able to ride the V4RS to it's potential and I find my longer distance travels to be a bit curtailed just do to physical limitations.

There is little to no logic in this purchase but I see no reason to not enjoy my remaining years doing things I love even if not as often as I used to do so or would like to do so.

Am I being selfish? Maybe but as has been pointed out numerous times. " You don't get old riding hard. You get old by hardly riding".

Thoughts anyone?

• Like Like x 16
    • Love You Love You x 1
  2. I’m 70 in January and having just sold my Panigale V4S because I can’t comfortably fold my frame around it, a Multistrada V4 Pikes Peak has been ordered. Sod ‘em, be selfish and enjoy yourself is my advice :D Andy

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 7
  3. There was me, thinking over the weekend, that at 54 I may have 10 years of riding left in me, I truly hope I'm fit and able enough to carry on at 65, 70 or even 75!!
    Most definitely spoil yourself, buy whatever takes your fancy.

• Like Like x 1
  4. At 65 I had a Ducati (it was a Diavel then)
    but was railing a Yamaha FZ1 chasing the College kids.......

AP-1.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Love it! :)

6. Do you think Ducati don’t know their market, why else would they make sofa version of a Panigale V4R :p Enjoy it. I always think it’s not so much about the ride it’s self but the ownership experience as a whole, these can be appreciated stood still, in and around like minded people :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  7. After a quick discussion with Sheryl, I'm inclined to agree with her

"If it makes you happy, it can't be that bad"...

• Like Like x 2
  8. If it’s what you want, if it’s what you want to do, then do it. You don’t have to ride it to its full potential which is just as well because if you did you’d be banned in no time.

The best advice I ever came across was ‘just do it’ . It took me years to understand.

Get on and enjoy yourself and don’t carry any guilt, there’s less and less time left!

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Good god! I’m 65 and feeling that I’m just starting to get the hang of things! Don’t even think about stopping until infirmity or the collapse of civilisation intervene. Personally, I’m betting on the latter…

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Age means I'm more content doing what I want and not giving a monkey's what anyone else thinks .
    I've just ordered a Triumph Scrambler 400x because I want to try it. A 40bhp single cylinder bike that weighs 170kg sounds ace to me.

Still have my moments going a bit mental but UK roads are so clogged with traffic going nowhere that 150bhp+ seems a lot more pointless than it used too.

I'm looking forward to see Ducati's new supermono motard tomorrow.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  11. It's all about what makes you feel good. Take the Panigale as an example. It's a terrible road bike but who cares as long as it makes you happy. Buy the bike that speaks to you.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. I too am still improving, been riding since I was 9, off road then obviously, I don't take the stupid risks like I used to as a youngster, or do the crazy speeds, I'm just smooth now.
    I'm probably being pessimistic with my older age outlook on riding, my father had Parkinson's at the age of 63 and I'm like him in every way possible, I'm hopeful that it won't get me but, I'm just trying to cram in all my long distance touring/must go places around Europe, before I hit that age. If I get there, and all is good, I'll carry on!

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Makes me feel good! 71 and happily riding a Panigale, Hypermotard and BMW K1300S.

• Like Like x 4
  14. I would be interested to know the age of the youngest person on this site and the average age too.

If bike companies don't change their market directions, they will run out of customers eventually.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Pre 24’s are very much a minority, you’ve only to attend a bike meet to realise that.

Even pre 40 year olds are a rare sight.

Manufacturers aren’t putting people off riding bikes that’s happened before they’re old enough to buy a motorcycle.
    It isn’t the mode of transport it once was.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Isn't that the truth?

I don't spend a lot of time at the usual N.Yorks bike hangouts, but the ones I do occasionally visit, Hemsley, Squires and Seaways are full of blokes my age (54) and older. Thing is, when I went to the same places in the late 80s, with a group of likeminded LC riding idiots, I don't recall seeing a lot of middle aged blokes.

Motorcycling could be all but over in 30 years.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  17. that’s a grim prophecy. But hey, no one smokes a pipe any more or wears a bowler hat. It’s pretty much a leisure activity these days. In the Western world anyway.

18. I find it ironic that at 20 years old most of us were prepared to throw 60 or so years away and ride like idiots whilst at 60 years old we're so much more concerned about the remaining 20.
    Buy what you like. If it's not what you want, change it again. You can't take the money with you.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. If the RS puts a smile on your face its worth its weight in gold.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1

20. Which is why Ducati have announced the Supermono moto today and lots of old blokes on here are whingeing they don't like it.

Its not aimed at the elderly :D

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information