1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Supercorsa Sp For 959

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by flatstick959, Sep 18, 2016.

1. Has anyone tried the supercorsa SP on the 899/959?

I like the OEM corsa rosso on the road and managed a track day no problem but would like to try these next.

Got a puncture on my rear tyre about 1200 miles ago so prob have about another 1000 miles or so out of the tyres before they're due a change.

Anyone tried the supercorsa SP and are they much better?

• Like Like x 1
  2. They are great tyres under the right conditions. If you only ride on warm sunny days then you will love them. Obviously they won't last as long, though. If you ride all year round and sometimes in the rain then you may not like them so much, since they can be hard to keep warm when the roads are cold or wet. Buy a pair next May...

3. As above. I changed to metzeler M7RR and can't fault them in wet or dry

• Like Like x 1
  4. #4 Chris.P, Sep 18, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2016
  5. Assuming your riding in dry weather only - for me, the supercorsa is still the one to beat 3 years on from trying my first set. Ive had m7rrs on my rsv4 and didn't like them atall, they kept giving out on corner exit. I moved them to my z1000 and they were probably worse on there. The rear has done just over 2k and the sides are knackered. The front has loads left on it - just trying to get them worn down so I can change them for something else. I'm making a point of testing all different makes of tyres and not reading reviews (the reason I bought the m7rr's). So far the surprising tyre for me has been the Pilot road 2 (got them on my hypermotard at the moment) brilliant tyre for the price. My rsv4 only ever get supercorsa's now...

• Like Like x 1
  6. I put them on mine. Much better tyre, especially on track because it seems to have more curve at the edge. The OE tyre is easy to get to the edge without getting knee/pegs down, but I wasn't right at the edge of the SC even with the pegs down at Silverstone..
    Obviously better grip too.

7. The 899/959 come standard with Diablo Rosso Corsa

Good tyres.

Ultimately the super Corsa has better edge grip, however they aren't ideal on the road all year. Only dry and warm.

The Rosso Corsa is a great all rounder and hard to beat imo for 180/60 size.

As for longevity, from what I've seen and heard there isn't actually much in it between them.

Give them a whirl?

8. Sounds weird but since my suspension has been setup correctly I'm getting more mileage out of this set of sc's... Last set got to just over 1500 these are on 2k and not quite hit the limiters

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

9. I only ride in the dry unless I get caught in the rain and usually put the bike away in November so don't really need all weather performance

I do like the standard corsa rosso as it does everything really well but I'm not a fan of the front tyre (feels very round as opposed to a V profile)

Will try the SP's next I think

10. Love the sp's on my 899

11. Although I did just remember one problem. I had TC on about 3 on a wet Silverstone and I think it got very confused with the different profile leant over and was cutting the power without the wheel spinning... So bare that in mind. No problem in dry though.

12. Thread moved and title changed

13. I've had my rear shock re-valved by MCT and on track the wear was superb, no tearing etc, perfect wear on Rosso Corsa.

Ref some of the posts about M7RR, just remember the OP is asking about a 959 which limits him to tyres available in 180/60.

I went for Dunlop Sportsmart 2's because my riding is 90% road and I want to get better mileage, my front Pirelli went out of shape in 1k miles and I was told 'they all do that'..

I have read though that 190/55 will work on a 899/959 as it's so close overall dimension and they use them on the California school but I didn't go that route

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. If you are not worried about wet performance then Supercorsas are a no brainer for sure, they are miles better than Rosso Corsas and will get by if you get caught out in the wet.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information