1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

749 Tank Bags?

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by Scotty-vr46, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Hey folks, has anybody fit a tank luggage bag on there 749's, and if so what's your preferences, only Ines I find look hideous and don't look quite right

2. Gizza clue then. What have you found/tried?

3. Iv been looking in general on eBay and google images, I'm sort of hoping someone on here has found one that flows with the shape of the tank

4. The DP bag come up on ebay or someone on here might have one spare if you put ad in wanted. Tri shaped like the tank black with ducati on sides but dont look like they hold much.

5. Ive tried a couple , a small oxford 1 isn't bad . It has to be magnetic tho , and then you may get scratches on the tank .
    The mono's just weren't meant for luggage carrying !

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Baglux do a tank cover that accepts their range of bags.
    I use a cheapy expandable magnetic bag on my 999 with no problems.

7. Photo ?

8. Do you not fancy a rack?
    I had deliberated over getting a tank bag and a small rucksack, but thought that combo would be a bit clumsy for touring, so bought one off EMP in Holland for €199. It's really well made, quick to fit, and imho a bit better than the Ventura ones. It takes my large waterproof Oxford bag easily. (Plenty space for 3/4 days clothes and a fairly hefty bike chain!) image.jpeg

9. I have one of these. Perfect for carrying bits and bobs :)

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. That looks good mate do you have a link to where to get one?

11. Here it is, Luggage carrier Ducati - Luggage carriers Ducati - EMP Motorparts Holland

It arrived within about two days of ordering, and they speak perfect english if you have any questions.

It bolts onto the frame to subframe part, and comes with longer allen bolts.

Cheers
    Dave

• Like Like x 1
  12. This is the DP bag, same shape as tank

image.png

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information