1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Termi Cans Come With Ecu

Discussion in 'Streetfighter' started by aidanj, May 2, 2016.

1. As per title really.
    Did termis come with the ecu...or was it extra.
    Just curious.
    Any way of knowing other than flashing ecu?

2. Termis come with a replacement ECU and air filter. I'm not sure if the ECUs are marked to distinguish them but I don't think they are.
    I'm guessing you bought this bike from a dealer. Hopefully it had one previous owner who traded it in. He got an acceptable deal, the dealer didn't ask for the original parts so the seller didn't offer them and they may be sitting in his garage still. In which case he should be able to tell you which ECU is fitted and he may have the pillion seat gathering dust as well.
    That's what happened when I bought mine. It had Termi slip-ons but I wanted the original exhaust cans too as I was paying top money so if I didn't get on with the bike I had all the original parts.
    The dealer got hold of the seller and the cans were delivered to the dealership.
    Can you contact the previous owner?

3. Will give it a try. Cheers for that.

4. Another thought, ideally you'd have it custom mapped. Doesn't matter what ECU its fitted with then.
    The Termi ECUs are loaded with a one size fits all generic map but engines vary bike to bike and often the two cylinders don't fuel identically so some bikes run much better than others and very few are spot on. Mine was running lean low down and very rich up top with the Termi ECU and the cylinders were not matched. I had it custom mapped and that transformed the fuelling. Its the best part of £400 though..

5. I bought the Termi slip ons for my Streetfighter 1098S and the kit consisted of -
    • Termi slip on cans
    • ECU
    • Lambda sensor blanking plug
    • Air filter
    When you turn your bike on, if it says something like "Streetfighter 1098 Racing" on the dash, then you have the slip on ECU fitted.

If you want the part number of the Termi ECU for the 1098, let me know. I'll have the box it came in; somewhere.

#5 Robarano, May 2, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2016
  6. Yeah that be good. No rush...whenever you have time. Cheers

7. If you have the standard ecu it will say streetfighter uk on the dash start up . If you have the dp ecu it will say streetfighter racing.

8. If your dash works.. :Banghead:

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Standard ecu then i reckon.
    Oh well.

10. Will see how it runs....then consider remap

11. They do turn up on eBay now and again.

12. With slip on ECU

13. Here's the part number for my Streetfighter, this is the "S" ECU though.

Standard ECU I took from the bike below.

IMG_3974.JPG

IMG_3976.JPG

IMG_3975.JPG

14. Lovely.

15. As it's a 5AM ECU just get Tuneecu, cable and the DP map and flash it yourself...

Best part of £30...

16. Im a computer idiot to be fair - who easy is it to flash and new map?
    Where to get cable ?
    Assume cable connects to connector under rear seat?

17. It is simple but if you've never done anything to do with maps/diagnostic software it may be better to find someone near you to show you...

Its a good thing to learn as once you have it you can reset the service indicator and read/clear error codes

18. Where is best place to get cable, map etc?

19. And cables connect to connector under pillion seat?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information