1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Termi Full System

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by GaryO, May 30, 2016.

1. Just a quick question , still on my 600 mile running in period on my DVT Pikes Peak.

I have the full termi system fitted and on acceleration between gear changes it bangs and pops on the over run.

Is this normal ? BTW I love this bike !!!

2. Has the dealer up-mapped it? I'm waiting till I've done the 2nd run in at around 1,500miles before adding mine & up-mapping it.

3. I can only assume they have but will check up on it when they are open tomorrow . :upyeah::upyeah:

4. If the check engine light is off, then it will have been remapped as the remap prevents the lack of exhaust valve from triggering the light.

Yes some popping on the overrun is normal as is the odd bang on power upshifts.

5. Have you got a picture of the bike Gary? I'm still running the standard Termi on my PP and I'm stewing over whether to order it for the first service!

6. Mine bangs and pops particularly between 1st&2nd
    Sounds great,and better with no baffle

• Like Like x 1
  7. What's a baffle ? ;) Good to hear it's normal , not complaining just wanted to know if others were similar :upyeah:

8. ;)

#8 Hyperextended, May 30, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  9. :upyeah: There you go mate , Termi and 42T sprocket fitted

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#9 GaryO, May 31, 2016
    Last edited: May 31, 2016
    • Like Like x 3
  10. Damn you Gary!

I assume the pipe comes with alternative footrest hanger in black as standard?

11. If you let the dealer fit it , I'm sure it will. Buying it from elsewhere (ebay etc) , it may not and also the dealer will have an up map key as well.

12. Wheeie bins across the country rejoice! However...you could of cleaned the bike ;)

13. Just not a valid pic without suitable wheelie binage . Yep its filthy , I shall stand in the corner suitably chastised :(

Mind you its got most of the UK's wildlife splattered all over it now

(It hadn't turned a wheel before I had it in bits. New wheels and tyres on and sprocket fitted. That's why it was so clean)

#13 GaryO, May 31, 2016
    Last edited: May 31, 2016
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Very nice Gary [emoji106]

One thing I cannot understand, as normal the full Termi does not come with the option to be supplied with a black hanger so if you have a pp you will have to get a rattle can out and flash it over .

I might do a pikes peak enduro nxt [emoji41]

• Like Like x 1
  15. Is this right? All that cash and a mechanic has to nip to Halfords??!!

16. i wish i could get mine to pop and crackle :(

17. No sign of a rattle can solution on mine , so I have to say no its not right. Ring the dealer to confirm.

18. ;)

#18 Hyperextended, Jun 2, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  19. They may have an option now ! At the time I brought mine I did ask for a black hanger and they said no it only comes in silver, seems daft tbh, the pp are anodised so even if you powder coat it, it will look odd against the anodised.

The popping and banging on over run is down to it sucking in air around the joints, nowt to worry about.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Put a little copper gasket paste on mine to see if it makes a difference. Still trying to source a carbon exhaust protector with no luck, in fact carbon for the DVT seems thin on the ground.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information