1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 The Best Touring Screen

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by DREVIL, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Well Ive looked and I'm not confused about screens even though there are many out there its just most manufacturers claim that their screens reduce wind blast over and above the OEM units.

The fact is I'm six foot I guess that's fairly standard so would those of you in the know please tell us all which really is the best "touring screen" for the 1200s Multistrada !!

2. I am 6ft 2in and probably tried all the relevant screens available and the best one for me was the Pikes Peak Carbon Screen as it directs air to the chest instead of straight impact to the head. Plenty of advice on the forum if you do a search.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I've a Ducati touring screen if you decide to have one...

4. Yes well I asked the question before on the forum and thought I may provoke more of a response hence this second post. Is the Pikes peak taller than the one straight out of the factory ?

5. Thanks for the heads up on your screen does it take away the wind blast to your lid ? + how much taller is it than the standard OEM screen ? Ta

6. Pikes Peak is shorter, so rider gets clean air to chest and above. I've tried normal, touring and MRA screens-all pretty much the same. The issue seems to be that the nose directs air under the lower side edges of the screen onto the chest and above. That was reduced with Eagle winglets, but not eliminated, as the cutouts to clear the bars on lock prevent covering the whole gap.

7. Sounds like I'm on a mission appreciate the info !! ;)

8. .

I have 3. Pikes Peak style, standard and MRA...

Settled on the MRA as it does everything I need of a screen with minimal buffeting. Done loads of miles with it and never had cause to complain.

I'm 5'8"....

Married, overweight and skint.... sorry I digress.!...

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Posted this on a previous thread....just my opinion.

After putting up with the brain numbing noise for 4 months I have just removed the standard Ducati screen and fitted the Puig racing screen to my 2012 MTS 1200, I wasn't sure about the looks at first but after a short run through Derbyshire A roads I have to say that it has transformed the bike. The buffeting and wind noise that the standard screen produced has been virtually eliminated at road legal speeds, anything above 40 was uncomfortable with stock screen.
    Obviously motorway and long distances may be different but early impressions are definitely positive.
    Thanks AndyW for the review - http://www.mts1200.info/index.php?threads/puig-sport-screen.167/
    Fit was perfect, used standard screws and bushes, looks like Puig may have improved on the quality.

#9 tim1664, Feb 16, 2017
    Last edited: May 9, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  10. I have the Pikes Peak screen and better for me than the standard screen. I am 6'2"

11. I use a pikes peak for shorter runs and the Wunderlich screen deflector on the standard screen for longer trips involving motorways.
    Wunderlich VarioERGO screen deflector
    I find this an excellent solution due to the adjustments you can make to eliminate most of the buffeting.

12. I have an MRA and i'm 6' maybe it is as they say 4" does make a difference :tearsofjoy:
    because the blast does still get me !! on the married, overweight skint front...
    Join the club :grinning:

13. Thanks for your reply to my earlier post. I was thinking Puig just wanted some opinions sounds good ... are you less than 6' ? because that will be the deal breaker for me !!

14. Thanks for reply much appreciated need to take a look at the Tallest version of the PP !!

15. Sounds like it would be worth purchasing this bit of kit as a backup what ever screen you fit cheers !!

#15 DREVIL, Feb 16, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  16. I'm just about 6ft.
    Going from a 749 to the MS1200 I was really disappointed with the wind noise & buffeting from the standard screen, the shorter Puig screen has made a real difference and at 55 quid I thought it was worth a try...
    Ducati Multistrada 1200 2010-2012 Puig Light Tint Racing Motorcycle Screen | eBay

17. I'm 5'9 and have just bought a Puig touring, will let you know how it is. I like to ride with my chin bar up as much as possible so will probably look at MRA with spoiler or the Puig touring with spoiler next.

18. I run the Grantourismo screen on the GT which is the tinted higher and wider at the top than the standard Multi screens. I am 6 foot 1 and get a lot of buffet off it at the lower setting but once its raised up a couple of clicks its very good for mileage work and the buffet and noise is greatly reduced.

Was good enough for 800 miles in a day from home, through the channel tunnel and up to Denmark :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Excuse me for being dumb but is the Grantourismo a Ducati screen ?

20. Has anyone got the Givi touring screen ? if so does it work at both low and high positions ?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information