1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Ducati Scrambler

Discussion in 'Front Page Articles' started by mattmccabebrown, Sep 30, 2014.

1. And how much will the Full Throttle version be with Termis etc?

2. £8000 :Hilarious:

3. About £5k more than its worth.

4. US prices don't include sales tax, which varies from state to state. For vehicles it's ~4-5% and applied each time the vehicle is sold (regardless of whether it's private or dealer). Over the lifetime a vehicle is taxed to a greater extent than the UK.

I've lived in the US and it's certainly no cheaper than the UK, the tax burden on income for individuals and companies is far higher. Why do you think some many US companies (Apple, Starbucks etc etc) aren't head quartered there. God forbid you have an accident on a bike, medical insurance is $$$$$$$

5. Undercutting the competition with a Premium Brand product; in marketing terms an oxymoron.

Corporation tax in the US is 35% (plus state taxes). Ireland is 12.5% so no brainer really in accounting terms.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. 12.5%, ahem, effectively 2% after it channeled BBC News - Apple's Irish tax deal may be state aid, says Europe

If you're big enough tax is like any other "expense", it's negotiable. How do people think politicians get involved in big company announcements like relocations and openings. There's a deal to be cut around NI, VAT, business rates and corp tax.

7. An educated guess would be £6995 for the base ("Icon") model Scrambler - the same price that the lowest Monster 695/696 used to sell for before it went all 4V on us.

As above the Scrambler is now the entry level model into Ducati, and the other variants are the aspirational models and will have a premium on top, so expect £7995 or £8295/£8495 depending on equipment levels.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. I'm kind of expecting the base model to be £7,250 and the aspirational models to be up to £8500, making the most of the brand name.

9. and the fact that you own a Ducati. Thats got to be worth an extra £500 'Terry Tax' :Angelic:

10. Off topic some,

Neither of the U.S. Companies you quoted are based outside the United Ststes. Apple in California and Starbucks in Seattle. Yes, maybe in the long run a vehicle can be taxed more than the U.k., but that's only if it's being sold many times over its lifetime. In addition, there are states in America that don't even have a sales tax, Oregon being one of them.

Living in America is by far a hell of a lot cheaper than here in the U.K.

11. That goes without saying ;)

12. I find that whatever we pay £1 for, the Americans pay $1 for, and Europeans pay €1 for.

Might not work that way all the time but it does more often than it doesn't.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Exactly what I have found to be, since moving here to England.

So, I don't know how someone could say it's not cheaper in America. Our sales tax's in the states that have them is still cheaper than the VAT.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. I think they look cool and will be very interested in seeing one - but they look a bit small even with a diddy italian sitting on it.....

15. The difference is that it's 64 million people in the UK compared to 318 million in the US: that's a massive difference when you're working out markets and economies of scale rather than it being "Rip Off Britain".

16. I wasn't claiming it was "rip-off Britain" just that that was my experience of costs all round. And our salaries tend to be slightly higher anyway.

Ps How do prices compare in China? Or India? ;)

17. The installed capacity, design & development costs for automotive products is for the global yearly production so economies of scale are the same other than the additional shipping costs to the USA :smile:

18. Great job Ducati :upyeah:

You could so easily have stuffed up this classic model like you did with some of the 'Sport Classic' series IMHO, but you've kept the essence and as close to the style of the original single as possible, I'm sure it'll sell by the bucket load. It reminds me of the original Monster, stripped down to basics and nothing that you don't need.

God, I hope it doesn't have traction control, multi-power settings and ABS, it doesn't need them :Finger:

19. I think they have ABS

Do Not Sell My Personal Information