1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The N260 In Catalan

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Wayne58, Mar 21, 2017.

1. Half way through (stopped for nite in jaca) the pyranees, came from Barcelona today, did the L511, the C1311 and N240 on way down, , and now the N260 from east to west heading back. Off to pamplona then Vitoria, and hopefully make the boat by 5.30 at santander via Bilbao (N240) for a beer. Anyone else done same run? Is friggin staggering!!!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Have done parts of the N260 a few years ago, a fantastic road. In May I'm riding from Santander to Prullans (just south of Andorra) with a group where we're staying for a few days to explore the local roads. Then back to Santander for the ferry home, can't wait.

3. Have done the N260/230 etc many times and never get tired of it. Last year we rode through France, stayed in the Ardeche and then on to Portbeau on the Med (North of Barcelona), Then back along the N260 or roads parallel to it. Have gone off Jaca, got a bit touristy so usually stay in Broto which is lovely.

Shame they spoilt the lake road heading back towards Pamplona from Jaca and divert you onto the boring dual carriageway. Alps this year for a change after 11 years of Spain.

4. I'm just off to catch ferry now, but have done that route many times, it's awesome, have fun.

#4 Wayne58, Mar 22, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2017
  5. Jaca is touristy but this was kinda last minute so was literally only place with a hotel space (bloody back Packers and snow bummers) I think the part of 240 that goes past lake toward Vitoria is open, I ride it last year's both ways and this week west to east? Have ridden 260 loads but never all of it, yesterday I got on at Ripoll and just kept going, probably best days riding I've ever had, although my saddle ass says otherwise. Off again now, boat leaves today. :-(

6. Lake road was open last year [emoji2][​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  7. It's one of the great biking roads done it several times

8. Done it quite a bit.
    Pamplona is great .Literally scores of tapas bars line the bull run route which is permanently marked. Have a look at the Cafe Aruna too on the main square. Ernie Hemingways local where he used to drink,get high and chat up chicks.Worth a look in

9. Going over in June from Bilbao making our way to Girona then in to France and home via Caen. Haven't worked out a route for the French part yet but vineyards and volcanos have been mentioned!
    Thanks for the post, I'll check out those roads :)

10. We did similar in 2014, if you can spare the time for the French leg consider Millau bridge, Gorge du Tarn and the Cevennes region before heading to Caen via the Auvergne for your volcanoes.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Man I've done hardly anything on a bike really :(

12. It's never too late !

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1

13. Deffo go back via the middle of France great roads

Vers is a good place to head to then the roads that open up towards Clermont are all superb

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. You could ride part of the lake road last year but not all of it. The Jaca end was still in use and a bit the other end from memory. They had blocked off the middle part apart from site traffic and sent us through the tunnels on the dual carriageway which was hairy due to high winds on the day.

15. N260 is awesome, fantastic mix of hairpins, fast sweepers, narrow, wide and on the rev limiter sections. Designed and built by God himself. Sort to Fiscal, could just do that section over and over...

16. Am now heading back from santander on boat, try and do the whole of the N260 from jaca to ripoll before heading to france over Millau, N260 staggeringly good. Have fun, I'm back in June also. Enjoy!!

#16 Wayne58, Mar 23, 2017
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. 100 per cent agree, it's like god asked us what we'd like, and built the 260 for us

#17 Wayne58, Mar 23, 2017
  18. Yeah it wasn't all open this time, but a good large part was still open

#18 Wayne58, Mar 23, 2017
  19. Good to hear. :) thanks for the up date

20. Not good, wanted to keep riding the tyres off it.... Role on June :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information