1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thermal Base Layer

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Android853sp, Dec 1, 2016.

1. So, searching around for warm base layers, tried to follow the link to trailandoffroad for a UK supplier of Avade heated layers but a year on from the posts on here they don't seem to do them. Need to find something pretty short order in the UK so anyone got a recommendation ? Andy

2. Highly recommend Keiss products. I have their x20 vest and gloves, and the cold mornings we have had recently have not been an issue

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Just import the avada kit from australia, order two batteries'

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Aldi had some cheap merino long johns and longsleeve tops (sold as skiwear) in the shop from last Sunday. No idea what the quality is like. I'd just bought more EDZ merino kit at the bike show in Birmingham 2 days before so didn't want to inspect too closely!

Keis heated insoles mean I now don't spend 15 minutes in the bath when I get home from work watching my frozen toes turn from white to blue to red as the circulation returns - think I picked them up in Snells, so they might have other Keis kit.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Thanks people. Andy

6. I have some of their Crane brand merino wool long johns and have just bought one of their merino wool cycling base layers. The long johns have lasted well, are machine washable and are effective under leathers and textiles without being too bulky. Have tried and can't get on with synthetics, merino wool all the way for me.

There maybe warmer base layers out there but I'm very happy with the performance and comfort of mine. Can be worn on tour for a few days without getting whiffy too, same can't be said for synthetics.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Got some Dainese D-core dry tee l/s kit, lovely compared to all other base layers I've had. They also do a d-core thermo long-sleve shirt & pants version wich I might buy soon.

#9 GunZenBomZ, Dec 2, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
  8. I've got a MonsRoyale Merino long sleeve base layer that I use for snowboarding, best bit of kit for winter riding in my opinion bar none.... I wear that and my jacket for my commuting and it's perfect, would need a mini fleece on top for long rideouts though but a great in"vest"ment..... sorry I'll get my coat.... :Bag:

9. I recently bought a Spada, windproof top to go under my perforated leather jacket.
    Its windproof on the front of the torso and arms, lightweight and breathable on the rear.
    Nice and long too, for sealing the waist gap.
    I have to say, I'm extremely impressed.
    For the last month, I reckon I have been warmer in this combo than I would have been in my textile jacket with membrane and quilted liner.
    £30 well spent.

10. I have these, they are very good, motorcycling, cycling, skiing, walking. Wash very well but don't put them in tumble drier.

11. Very nice man did me a stonking deal on his and hers Dainese D-Core long sleeved Ts and long "pants". Thank you for all the advice and help. Cheers, Andy

12. Done a couple of hundred miles in the cold over this weekend and the D-Core base layers have proved to be excellent. On the go, the sensation is quite odd because you are most definitely not cold but neither are you warm, almost like getting into a bath where the water is just above blood temperature. Only drawback so far is the sizing, the XL/XXL is typical Italian so not generous which means the pants are not ample enough for my British arse. Not uncomfotably so just not quite enough room. Andy

13. Just got in from -4 without needing to use my Avada thermal top & the d-core stuff is magic. Although my fingers are numb as the 1200enduro cannot have muffs fitted' which would cover the indicators. Some bubble wrap & tape are coming out to play for tomorrow.

#15 GunZenBomZ, Dec 5, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
Do Not Sell My Personal Information