1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thieving Scum

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Casp, Apr 2, 2017.

1. Agreed bikes can be picked up but I'd rather have the Roadlok than nothing...
    Theres no inconvenience of carrying/forgetting a disc lock is on. Any chain worth its weight is just dangerous to carry

2. They should have some sort of scheme where you can either pay as you go or a subscription and have chains/bike locks dotted around the place that work on a PIN number or app or something so the lock is there waiting for you.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  3. Yeah... As I've got 3 I've got a pin I my leathers, jacket and one in the house so ive never ever forgotten my lock as the pin is so small.... So on that front "you've always got your lock on you" it's gotta be good for that...!

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  4. I definitely agree that disk locks are worth having, I just believe they need to be used in conjunction with a number of other visible types of protection. Marking EVERY major component, making loads of noise, securing the bike to the ground or another object, tracking device, whatever.

People here may have seen this before as it involves a Ducati, but this video shows the extremes that thieves go to when targeting a lightly secured bike in broad daylight in a very public area. Luckily the scum did not succeed this time.

5. How much was the Ducati one if you don't mind?
    Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

6. I don't see how a roadlock is better than a good disclock half the price.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. You just carry the pin... Not the whole lock... So (well for me) means I never forget it or think "I can't be bothered to carry it"....

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. List price was 240 i think. I got 15% off for being Vip member of Pidcocks Nottingham. genuine Ducati part so has no effect on remaining warranty.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Also the bike can't be rolled while its locked so theres no chance of forgetting its on. Disc locks can be costly if you pull away with one in place

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thanks. That's reasonable for what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

11. I wouldn't have even thought about warranty as I'd consider it an accessory rather than a part. No different to saying one of those car steering wheel locks won't affect your warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. The red mist can descend though...

13. Mines alarmed so if I pick the bike up with it on it alarms.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Accessory probably describes it better than part. I just confirmed with the dealership at the time as any warranty small print can be ambiguous. If there are any issues with discs, callipers, forks, wheels and I've bolted non genuine parts/accessories on I'm sure they'd take great pleasure in saying "unlucky buddy"

#114 Andy800, Apr 22, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
  15. I also have an alarmed disc lock, bought it for that reason. Now though I don't have to carry it round with me. Its still there a second deterrent if needed. Won't stop someone picking my bike up and throwing it in the back of a van tough :(

16. That is how i secure my 848 :tearsofjoy:
    P_20170425_183327.jpg P_20170425_183344.jpg
    Thieves dont lo me Harleys:sunglasses:

17. Fish hooks on a trace, fixed to a frame on pulleys that can be lowered from the ceiling when you lock up, about 100 will do. You will hear the bastards scream.

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. My 748SPS got nicked years ago.......16 days old it was.
    Since had a combined alarm system fitted to the house and garage which cost over a grand 18 years ago which when activated would have the residents of the graveyard complaining.
    NOISE NOISE NOISE.........The scum don`t like NOISE.

19. Sorry to hear about your close call. I had two idiots casing my Monster 1200 at 2 in the am recently. I was woken up by the chain lock alarm and saw them in the road on the enviable shit scooter...had the cheek to ask what I was looking at and give me a stream of abuse!
    What worries me is that I don't have a garage at all. I then started using all my chains. So at the moment mines chained with three padlocks and chains through 9 wrought iron railings with two alarm locks and a tracker. I then bought and had fitted a Ducati alarm just in case. Still worry though!
    Don't think alarms are much use as no one heeds them had my SuperDuke knocked off from outside work...some work colleagues later said they wondered what the blocks were doing around my bike with the alarm going off! Didn't bloody mention it to me though!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information