1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thinking Of Buying A Used 1199.

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Kevster84, Feb 26, 2017.

1. I'm guessing they'll want it to be serviced by themselves but either way that is amazing...

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. But imagine a total engine failure in July. I bet it would take a while to get the bike back. Summers are too short not to be riding in England.

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  3. Serviced by them yes,but for the warranty I'd be happy to travel.
    Got the hyper sp if it did

4. Well..... Youve got no excuses then! Chop chop off you go and don't come back without a jpeg of the receipt!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I owned a 2009 rsv4 and it shit most of its oil out the rocker gaskets in France and broke down when it rained...apart from that it was mint!

Anyway get the thought of a zx10 out of your head they have their own issues with oil starvation as I found out when I had a go on a mates and it went pop!

I've just parted company with my 1199 it was a mega bike. Didn't really like going slow so would always encourage me to go fast lol. If you want one buy one that's what I did but I bought private (on this forum) and had no issues and a better bike for my money

6. Fair point and that's my point.... Whatever you buy there'll always be a bad one.... Your 2009 probably had the old designed rocker covers.... Fixed mine 3 years ago and it's not leaked a drop since... However I will say Aprilia spares are fucking awful.... My rocker covers took 3 months for the first one to turn up (i ordered 2)and then another 3 months for the other one... On the other hand ktm.... The best yet... If it's not in stock in fowlers the it'll be there in 3 days... And that was for my 12 year old supermoto which i rebuilt from scratch and needed all manner of spares...

7. Seems the going rate for the miles and being a dealer. I think I've looked at every single one there is for sale. Lol

8. That's nearly used 1299 money ishhhhh isn't it..

9. If ish is 2.5k. Lol why hold out at a 1299 just get the ducati motor gp bike. Got to have a budget to stick to.

10. My old one is ebay I part exed it for 10500 and it's now up for 12700 I think. U should of been on here looking a month earlier!

11. Been busy renovating my house so had no time to even think about bikes.

12. @Kevster84 I've got one for sale, sub 4K miles, Red, carbon Termis, CNC Racing rearsets, it is listed on the for sale bikes here with all the DP carbon (which I've since sold) im looking for around 12.5K although could negotiate a cheaper price minus the pricey bits if you're interested...

13. Excuse me jumping on the wagon but my september 2014 1199S (the Ducati red one in my photos and avatar) is for sale as well, one careful elderly owner etc :) It's mostly been a track bike but always been bullet proof and had what it needs and the price will reflect that. It will go back to the finance company in September if I don't get around to selling it in the mean time. I'll get it back in it's original bodywork and down to the dealer for a checkup before putting up for sale but give me a ping if anyone is interested.

I'm just looking to cover what I owe on the finance as I need the space in the garage, I reckon it's around £11-12k. Mileage is around 9k tbc.

The bike has the head angle and the gearing sprockets upgraded to the same as the 1299 including a new chain.

Front forks have just been re sealed and the fork oil level increased slightly as they tend to bottom out on really hard braking.

Also has R&G body, tank and spindle sliders.

Loads of other stuff that can be negotiated into the price for whatever a reasonable value is.

Has a choice of standard cans , termis with some gravel rash from a low side crash (just some track bodywork damage as can be seen in the wheelie pictures with gaffer tape on my album), or with as brand new Termis.

Full track bodywork as well as all the stock stuff which has been boxed up for a year or so.

#55 Monners, Feb 28, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
  14. I've been looking at the 1199 too lately, riders have a 14 plate with 1500 miles for 11995 which I thought was reasonable. @royalwithcream pm me some details on yours if you don't mind, mileage location and price etc.

15. Just thought I'd update since people were kind enough to comment.
    The r1 sold today but on Saturday a really low miles 899 has come up for sale locally and got my interest. So I've got some thinking to do on which engine to go for.

16. The 1199 and the 899's are rather different

899 still in my honest opinion is the best of the panigale range in road bike terms. The 1199 and the 1299 are absolutely bat shit crazy.

17. Yeah I wouldn't mind a test ride of an 899 but I've never known a garage let you test ride used bikes.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information