1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thinking Of Buying A Used 1199.

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Kevster84, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Really? I've only bought 2 from a garage but test rode both. I'd say it's more important on a used bike than a new.

Saying that, OYB Aylesbury weren't offering a test ride on the Desmosedici, spoil sports.

2. Well I suppose I could ask the question. I noticed the rear tyre is squared off so I imagine it's not going to ride as it should.

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  3. Ive never test ridden a used bike, maybe I just look dodgy but a lot of garages I've bought from down south won't do it... they usually say our bikes are mint, any problems bring it back....

Would defo recommend somehow having a go on one especially if you are coming off a litre bike

4. Just ask a dealer if you can take a 959 out.

Pretty much identical.

5. Yeah I had thought of that. I actually went in to see the 959 but it had sold. The guy at the garage is a big ducati fan and rode them all and said there isn't much difference from the 959 and pointed me to the 899. He also sold the bike brand new and said bike has had a very easy life.

6. Most dealers will have a 959 demo mate, be worth a go

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Great bikes, kind of all the nice parts of the 1199 but without the craziness. The bike itself is a bit heavier but the smaller engine and slightly shorter wheelbase but especially the narrower rear tyre makes them beautiful and easy to chuck around. Like any litre bike the 1x99 take a bit longer to turn and the smaller bikes can run rings around them and bugger off down the straight before the big bikes are pointing in the right direction.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Think I'm going to pull the trigger on the 899 tomorrow. R1 has gone and good weather is not far off.
    Loads of parts and upgrades on eBay to scour through. Lol

• Like Like x 1
  9. After thinking it over over decided to wait for a red one. Most are miles away from me though.
    For the amount of money I'm spending I'm not going to compromise on the colour.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Nice buy, looking forward to seeing it in action :)

11. I'm told it's like brand new. Should be though with only 900 miles on. It's actually from Newcastle as well so I'm bringing it back home. Lol

12. Not wishing to be negative, but.......those pipes need a good going over with some autosol and the brake/clutch fluid is very dark. (sorry).

13. look how it's listed, when sis this become a thing!!!!!!!

"Audi Ducati , only 950 miles"

14. I'm sure I can stretch to some new brake fluid. And the clutch fluid always goes dark in my experience of hydraulic clutches. No need to be sorry the pipes aren't titanium either so will go like that with use.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information