1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This Is Going To Hurt The Wallet

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by Lone Wolf, Jul 30, 2016.

1. Hi all,

I suspect this has been done to death but I would appreciate some up to date opinions.

The tyre is due for renewal on my 1299, and whilst the supercorsa so is great in the dry, it's not so good when the road is damp. My question is what tyres have you lot been using and would appreciate honest feedback.

Thanks again

2. Bridgestone s21 have had great reviews and seem to be a do it all tyre apparently..

• Like Like x 1
  3. Gonna swap out my 1299 SC's for M7RR's ( I think ).

My tyre guy commutes year round on a S1000rr & swears by them.

I've had 3 years on RC's & SC's so it will interesting to see how I get on with the Metzelers.

4. Metz's get great review by everyone it seems, I had M5's a few years ago and they were fab so would imagine the M7rr to be even better, I've just put Michelin Supersport Evo's on my CBR and I commute and trackday it and they're excellent, warm up quick and have fantasic grip levels in wet and dry.... I've kept SC's on my Pani though cos they are just so damn good... not ideal in the wet I agree but fine if you tune your riding down and avoid standing water!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. M7RRs on the Multistrada and I like them - a lot. Have ridden in the dry and the torrential rain and they have behaved impeccably. Andy

6. So after lengthy phone calls with Ducati, it appears that the SP was specifically designed for the panigale and changing tyre will compromise the traction control. Something to do with the tyres profile (although the same size) the traction control reads pulses sent from the tyre.

Looks like I will have to stick with SP tyres, because no doubt if you change the tyre brand and God forbid crash it, the insurance will use that as a get out of jail free card as that tyre is not approved.

7. So what happened to the statement from ducati about the 1299 traction being sorted after the 1199 saga and being able to calibrate to the tyre profile. I seem to remember it being in the owners manual.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

8. Page 60 of the owners manual references the automatic calibration function for different tyres to account for new tyres or type of tyre to oe.
    What it states is that different size tyres are not recommended as it cannot guarantee it can auto calibrate to major change.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  9. Thanks @Stripes1976, I have decided to go with the M7rr and gone for a pair change. The SP seems to have worn the front out anyway, and I would never mix brands of tyres.

Let's see how they go.

10. Had a pair of M7RR's fitted too.

As you said, let's see..

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ive just got a new set of Metzler K3 RR on my 1199R, I highly recommend them. Warm up v quickly and stick like sh*t to a blanket. Not used them in the wet though but must be better than the Pirellis.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information