1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thruxton R

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by mentalist, Mar 26, 2016.

1. I seem to be getting shorter which is causing me to widen in the middle. Very odd.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. lol go for it! i've got one you will love it..once you get the hang of the handling :grinning:

3. They have handling??

4. Typo. Hang-gliding.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. looking good!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Even rattles like a T120. ;) Nice.
    I'd have to change those indicators though.

7. FB_IMG_1473974267702.jpg Well picked it up today. Fully loaded including Vance and Hines exhausts. Stunning bike. Rides and handles fantastic. The off throttle burble is mega.
    So pleased.

#47 mentalist, Sep 15, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
    • Like Like x 12
  8. Wow she looks lovely, I ordered a Silver with cafe racer kit back in January for July/August delivery heard nothing from the dealer so last week gave up and got my deposit back. Low and behold found one on Ebay yesterday luckily it was local to me as well for a ridiculously low price for a bike only 4 months old so I snapped it up. It's bog standard so started looking at goodies to fit already can't make my mind up about the faring though.
    triumph R.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  9. Why is it as soon as I get a new bike I can't resist ad-ons just bought Triumph shorter LED indicators there so bloody bright it's embarrassing another tank strap in leather/brushed stainless some grips and an R&G tail tidy also considering the V&H brushed slip on cans and the bikini nose fairing.

10. I think the Vance and Hines exhaust on this bike sound ace

11. I've just ordered some new grips 'of the heated variety', dont knock it once you've ad heated grips theres no going back. Really want the V&H cans but will have to wait for Father Christmas to get his arse in gear.

• Like Like x 2
  12. thuruxton 2n.jpg Thuruxton.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  13. IMG_0668.JPG Not adjusted the tail tidy yet? Looks so much better in the shorter version in my opinion. Its only a 2 minute job as well.

• Like Like x 1
  14. been looking at the old style No. plates this week. What tail tidy kit was that, mine was already fitted with the rear mudguard removal kit. What size plate did you order?
    Also order the pillion seat with pegs, but they've not arrived yet.

15. Plates a 7x5 so just a 'little' undersized and I've kept the yellow one under the pressed ally one so if nessacery I can whip the pressed one off. As for the tail tidy its the Triumph one but I didn't use mounting section, if you look at yours its in two pieces, take it off, bin the bit that fits to the bike and just use the 'extension piece', you need to slightly modify it by putting a little nick in it to allow it to fit around a bolt head. Its quite obvious when you look at it though.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. Really glad to read such positive reviews, I think it's my next bike once I've had enough of the 899. I rode one a few months back and really loved it, with the slight exception of the slightly slack feeling throttle and a fairly stiff gearbox, both could just be localised issues with the demo I rode.

I think I would have to have a Red one. Plan B is to keep my 899 and buy my dads Thruxton 9 off him and put some Street Triple forks in it, it's not in the same league but still good to ride :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  17. it amazes me new bikes are still being fitted with crap like that tbh, how much are a pair of leds ffs?

#57 Red899, Sep 29, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
  18. bought a R&G tailtidy with LED light and leather/stainless tank strap today pictures to follow

• Like Like x 1
  19. I like the way the R&G unit allows you to move the indicators under the suspension mounting bolts, think I'm going to try that on mine.

20. I've ordered the attached parts.
    Can't show pictures as I don't get the bike until next year :cry: never mind the 916 will keep me busy :smile: 20161001_082916.jpg :coldsweat:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information