1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

848 Tic Tic Tic....could It Be Boom?

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Chris.c4136, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Evening all,

So a little help needed please, out for a ride the weekend 100miles or so, on the way back in I start to hear a tic tic tic noise from the bike at all rev ranges and speeds up with the increase of revs.

Iv done the usual pull the clutch lever in to check the clutch no change with clutch in or out.
    Use the stethoscope method to check around the engine and it seems to be coming from the top of the rear V (can't check the front) so I'm guessing valves?

The bike is 2011 and has covered 3000 miles. Always had the correct servicing with belts done last year.

Anyone had this problem or could point me in a better direction than me thinking it's gonna go boom lol. If it is valves why could they have gone so soon?

Your time is much appreciated thank you, Chris

2. Its not something simple like a blowing exhaust manifold.
    Steve

• Like Like x 1
  3. So I checked as best I could. And around the exhaust seemed OK but I must admit I didn't check that intimately. But putting the screwdriver (stethoscope) at the top of the rear V it sounds like somone is using a jackhammer (road drill) in there.
    A blowing manifold wouldn't that sound deeper and as stupid as it sounds blowey like on a car? Or could it sound ticy?

Thank you

4. A blowing can can sound like that, yes. I had similar on my 848 after I had removed and replaced the cans, and they weren't seated properly. :)

5. Does it come from any particular side

6. @benster789 does this sound similar to the noise yours was making? Although let's hope not!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information