1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

848 Timing Belts, If Anyone Knows About Them

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by slinky848, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Were you on a BMW or GSX-R Forum previously? :D
    You have an in depth knowledge of Ducati timing belts then after all?
    Or are you a plant :Watching::pompus:

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. again listen to the advice of these guys, Exe's belts are better than the Ducati ones, its been proven by many people on here and TBH if youre intent on everything being ducati branded youll be paying over the odds for stuff.. again your choice :)

If you goto a Duc dealer again youll be paying over the odds for labour etc, there are some cracking independent mechanics... whilst under warranty of course go to the Duc dealer.. after that go to a reputable indy youll save money and get a better service. There are loads mentioned on here, if theyre good theyre recommended everytime someone asks, if theyre crap then youll be told as such

3. first forum ive joined ever in fact.

but i get your point. comone did you like that mum one [emoji5] i forget where i stole that from

to be fair, my choices were originally, gsxr750 bmw s1000rr, and then i saw an 848. and got the ducati.

sat on a r1 2012 i think, man that comfy. but still nothing changed my mind.

4. Ah, American? :)

5. Age. Its 2 years OR 12k mls. I expect they were changed at the 2 year point, or soon after. Wait till you get your hands on the service history and you can figure it from there. Think of belts like oil. My oil gets changed every year even if i only do 500 mls. If i were to do 10k mls in a year, i'd change my oil more than every 12 months.

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. no, i did wonder if you and the socially broken kato were yanks

7. yes, thanks dude, ive got a good idea now of working out how it gets used to how often i do the belt itself.

8. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  9. i think slinky is kicking your ass @Exige i like him. :upyeah:
    i have also heard about the car belt fitting. surly if its the exact same gates belt part no, it would be fine? :Angelic::smileys:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. He's not normal for sure - is it your alter ego :Bucktooth: and you know full well it isn't the same part number as you have an 848 and you are a service and repair garage owner :Eggonface::Facepalm::Finger: and half Scottish :) and lasy, now did you finish last nights service yet :Mooning:

:Writing: I bet Sinky is good at politics....

• Like Like x 1
  11. theres a chance its the same part, made in a different factory, possibly one with better materials or production techniques though.

and in all honesty, im just happy to put my name (being new) on the ducati forum map.
    thread seems to be attracting a few fellow duc owners.

• Like Like x 1

12. just noting you insulted my personality to begin with, infact, that was your only input [emoji106]

maybe the whole thing is slightly too complicated for you to give productive input. its ok though, i dont mind having lesser beings as friends [emoji16]

13. We're only here for the rants.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. i see it as a bonding session between bikers, its always a bit rough at the start, but come the end we will all agree to agree im right, and move on [emoji16]

15. sorry, but do i know you?
    dont worry about exe slinky, he aint the brightest. stu by name stupid by nature, but his belts are v.good and well priced.
    i have deffo heard about the car belt being used, but i use exiges belts,(when i can be arsed doing them myself).

16. Looks like it :Nailbiting:

17. Get over to the Brexit thread Slimy :Finger:

18. so now 2 allegidly experianced bike mechanics have said this.

i mean, yeh im still going to get the diamond plated gold dipped carbon fiber ducati corse OEM.timing belt. and have it fit by ducati as i wouldnt trust myself to do anything with timing.

but thanks for your input

19. TT? Did he get banned again :Watching:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information