1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Touring Tyres - Hyper 939sp

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by Daddy2coull, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Has anyone tried fitting something like metzler tourance or Pirelli scorpion trail tyres to a hyper for winter riding. I have the factory tyres on right now and they offer no feeling when it's tipping it down

#1 Daddy2coull, Sep 20, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
  2. Thread moved and title changed

3. Why couldn't this have been left in the hyper section as is specific to that bike.

4. Michelin Pilot road 4's, great all round tyres especially when its a bit wet.

5. I'm not looking for something like a diablo. I have summer tyres on the bike already. I had metzler Tourane fitted to my BMW adventure and they gave excellent grip through the winter. I was just wondering if anybody had fitted something similar to a hyper and how did the bike feel with them on.

6. Well my angle more was at that price it's good tyre so even if they were knackered y the time you got back then they were worth it...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

7. I've taken the plunge and ordered a pair of metzler Torrance next's. had them on my BMW adventure and they were superb so fingers crossed they will work well on the hyper and I'll be able to use the bike well into the winter months and refit the supercorsas in the spring.

8. Newer bridgestone T30's are v good. Little slowif on an 848 on a track day to tight turns, but otherwise a very good tyre. Good life / grip.
    #
    the michelin pilot roads are good - however - just as a side note: I had them on a 1200 tenere. Big old bike yes, but peg scrapping was a little unerving as the outter cuts on the cytre were many which makes the bike move ( not loose grip ) a bit. So its a case of getting used to it.

You could also look the the new Dunlop Roadsmart 3's. Had them on the tenere recently, was weary intially as they are a dunlop, but they were good.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information