1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

848 Track Tyre Pressures

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Tel, Jul 22, 2015.

1. I'm all booked up for the DUK trackway on the 28th and just getting the bike ready but thought I'd ask what tyre pressures other people are running for track use?

2. What tyre: what group: warmers or not

3. I'm running Pirrelli Corsa and going in the intermediate group. No tyre warmers though.

4. 26 rear 28 front to start and work from there, or if not brave enough for low rear pressures (so,e just dont like it) 28/29 cold. If you can, test when you come in and they should be about 28/31 hot. Ish.

5. Thanks, I'll be riding to the circuit so will let the tyres cool down and then drop the pressures although won't be able to adjust again afterwards unless there's a way to do it at the circuit

6. Make friends with people in garages with vans, visit the tyre truck..... Petrol station air line..... Foot pump.... Hand pump..... I do mine at home with a bicycle track pump. Works fine.

7. Hot 28 rear31 front, that's what I run my Spercorsa's on the race bike at.

8. from cold 30 front 29 rear

9. No tyre warmers, depends on the track temperature. I've noticed that there are several schools of thought on this forum, higher pressure rear to front or lower pressure rear to front. Sadly it can only be guidance until you find a set up that suits you and that takes time. Run lower pressures than you would on the road in the range already suggested and suck it and see. If you start out at 7/10s you have room to recover from a mistake and there is nothing stopping you coming back in if you need to change it. There is a fantastic guide on tyre wear somewhere on here which allows you to understand wear patterns and their causes. I'll post the link if I can find it. Andy

10. Dunlop ??
    Fr 32 Hot
    Rr 21-25 Hot dependent on stability ??
    D211's £254 a pair FWR

Do Not Sell My Personal Information