1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1198 Traction Control

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by cookster, Dec 20, 2016.

1. hi guys recently had my bike mapped by cjs and he used the 1198sp softwear so ive now got the ability to run traction control on my bike, question is is it worth it?? ive had no problems with not having tc so far, so is it worth the expense of all the hard wear?? cheers

2. Imho only if you are using it in the winter/cold on the road or fast group Trackdays

3. no and no. cheers mate confirmed my thoughts.

4. My TC is lit up all the time when I'm racing. Not sure about the value to regular street riding. You'll need to change the rotor and do some wiring along with the ECU flash to get it working. Couldn't hurt in wet weather. The cost to install compared to the cost of bodywork and damaged bits would pay off. If you only ride in the sunshine it might not be worth it.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Not worth it, it takes an age to kick in and when it does, its pretty abrupt.

6. Another option might be aftermarket like Bazzaz

7. If you have DTC and find it a bit abrupt then you can get a TC Pod which allows you to change the level on the fly, something you can't do with the standard DTC.

Ducati DTC TC-Pod

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do Not Sell My Personal Information