1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Us Forum Reporting New Ecu Update For Fuel Mapping

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by IanR, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Is that a 'no' then?

2. Yes there is a new map available in the US. My service rep read me the email he received from Ducati stating that this is to fix the 2nd gear, 35mph issue and the flat spot around 5Krpm.

I'm in a holding pattern while they do this update on their demo bike to make sure it takes and doesn't screw the bike up.

Hopefully by Friday, I have my bike updated.

An ex Lincoln lad living in Dallas, TX.

3. Well that's certainly strange. I know many Americans and none of them have done these things

Oh, and Americans and americunts are both spelled with a C

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Should be available in UK from today

5. Took out a DVT for a test ride today. When I got back the shop said they'd just received a new 'mid range' tune. They downloaded it and then gave me the keys back so I could go and try it out. A quick blast certainly seemed to show a stronger response between 4 and 5k

6. As promised, a dyno with the original map and the new updated map on the stock exhaust system

The original made 140.35 rwhp,87.13 ft/lbs and the new map 144.10 rwhp, 88.64. I'll take a pick up of 4rwhp and a little bit of extra torque. Plus you can see the dip around 5Krpm is significantly better.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I didn't bring the bike home as they want to hold it until it gets its replacement side stand next week.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Yes. At last the Multi is what it should be regarding throttle response from 3 to 6.000 rpm after the new map was installed yesterday! I suspect it is not just the fuelling that got better, but also the response in the throttle. So the 'growl' when you twist the right grip at say 4000 rpm is not just noise but hard acceleration also. A major reason a rider buys the MTS (two cylinder at 1.2 liters) is the low to midrange power delivery. It should be like that since May when the bike started shipping.

8. sorry, but I'll be waiting for the Rexxer upmap rexxer_mapping.jpg :grinning:

#9 Schifi, Nov 6, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Wow. Is that for the DVT?
    And with exhaust etc or standard.
    Looks a significant improvement

10. Yes, that is a stock DVT with stock exhaust and 5000 miles.

11. yep, that's for a full original DVT :fearscream:, they are waiting for a SC full titanium system to do another mapping and check what's left :sunglasses:.
    found this on the REXXER facebook page.

12. Anybody else had the stock bike mapped with the new update?

13. Yes, Hyside did mine last Saturday when I had the new fuel sender fitted.

It felt a tad livelier on the way home. But I was very happy with it anyway. It also felt jerkier on/off the throttle. But maybe because I was out on their monster 821 all day?

Lastly the fuel computer seemed to read about 10MPG higher. It was reading around 65/70 with cruise set at 70MPH. Will need to test that on a long run though.

Cheers :)

14. When my bike goes for its service before next season (she's away for the winter), will it automatically have all electronic updates that are available done as part of that service or will I need to ask for the different remaps I want?

It will be excellent to have the flat spots ironed out a bit. It's my one disappointment on the bike really.

Ta in advance.

15. The Ducati black box should do all the updates automatically

Do Not Sell My Personal Information