1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Video Review: Dvt V Ktm Gt V Xr V Gs

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by tobers, Jul 19, 2016.

1. Hi all. Here's the video I mentioned a couple of weeks back filmed up in north west Scotland. It's got my DVT standard model compared to a KTM 1290 GT, BMW R1200GS TE WC and a BMW S1000XR. We all had a go on every bike and nattered about them afterwards.

Al these bikes are amazing. If someone were to offer us one of them 5 years ago we'd have thought we were in motorcycling nirvana.

Hope you enjoy it.

Andy

• Like Like x 22
  2. Great vid Tobers. Well you all agree on one thing: wear Rukka. :)

• Like Like x 2
  3. +1 from me too.

We normally head south so I was surprised to see they still drive on the left in Scotland.

4. Its bloody brilliant up there. The three other guys had never been north of Glasgow, and the further north we went the more amazed they were. They've been to the Alps, Pyrenees, Picos etc etc and all agreed that Assynt is better than all of them, even thought the weather is "varied".

And since the North West 500 route was published the area has been much more popular.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Actually a pretty fair assessment.
    The GS is the worlds favourite all round upright for a reason. The XR is great but its a frenetic four which either appeals to you or does not. The latest Multi is softer than previous incarnations and more tourer than sports upright and the GT is basically a supernaked with a bigger tank and a bit of a screen so that hooligans can go on holiday too. Like it.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Great stuff Tobers, scenery looked stunning and the opinions of the bald bikers was sound. Thanks for your effort in putting it together, nice one.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Great vid, I liked it [emoji106] you all look like brothers !

8. 20160623 1691-Edit-2.jpg
    I'm localish (central highlands) and this is my regular stamping ground - just back from a week running the length of the Outer Hebrides followed by a few days in Assynt. I've ridden in places as varied as Central Africa, all over Europe and a deal of the US and this part of the world is right at the top of the league. It also has the advantage of hugely varied scenery in a pretty small area. And then there's the midges…

• Like Like x 2
  9. Fantastic vid tobers!
    Refreshing to hear real world views from real world blokes having ridden them all back to back.
    Interesting too that one of the bald blokes said almost exactly the same as me about the XR - it feels like you are going faster than you actually are. I was looking for 7th or even 8th gear.

10. Two things. Goatee beards.

Oh hang on...... three things. Baldy heeds :p

• Like Like x 2
  11. Yes, it was a bit of a Rukka/goatee/baldy convention, but we like it that way! We keep requesting discounts for being quadruplets but nobody ever buys that one for some reason.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. And thanks from a great (bald) heads-up on the four machines on my shortlist, from a bunch that bear a disturbing similarity not just to each other but to self… …although I do have more hair ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Excellent video and real world opinions, did you leave the suspension settings in their adjusted state? I struggle with that side of things, that's why I bought the "posh" one

14. Thanks!

Yes, I adjusted the suspension on the DVT in Scotland and have left it like that since. It's firmer but not harsh. Definitely better on corner entry - sharper, crisper turn in. Basically I upped both compression and rebound, more at the front than at the back. I'd previously set preload roughly correctly for my weight.

I would have liked to have got the posh version but couldn't afford it unfortunately!

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  15. Great video! Well worth watching.

Funnily enough it came up as a suggestion on YouTube, so I started watching it and thought I recognised your bike.

What editor was used for it? You've inspired me to have a go now.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Thanks!

Editing was a total nightmare. I used VSDC which is a free editor - quite nice but crashes regularly when using lots of clips. I also used Windows Live Movie Maker which is also nice & simple but crashed all the time too. Overall it was horrendous. I should have shelled out on a proper editor from Adobe (with some After Effects just for fun).

The on-bike camera was a crappy Sony thing. Now replaced by one of those little GoPro cubes which is much better.

17. Great video - thanks for that! Really useful as I'm teetering on replacing my 2010 Multi S and all those bikes were definite options.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Basking in the glorious success of the above video with 22k views and counting, I have produced The Sequel - why did each of us buy what we did?

Enjoy.

• Like Like x 3
  19. I have enjoyed both these videos immensely. I currently have a Tiger 800 xc which if I'm honest will never see a dirt trail unless one of my pals inherit a farm. I really do fancy a multistrada s but my budget is aiming at a 2010 model. If I sell my Tiger now and save my pennies I may be able to stretch to a 2012 model. Only thing is the more I read from owners the more I worry about reliability. I don't imagine this will deter me from such an amazing looking machine.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

20. Thanks so much for the feedback - it makes it all worthwhile. Good luck with your quest.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information