1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Vosa Issues Safety Recalls On Sidestands On Dvt

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by spannerman, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Thats right folks...check out the Vosa recall on Multistrada's DVT on side stands here in the UK too...

2. Been launched here for a couple of months

3. yep old news, had letter, had new side stand fitted a few weeks ago.
    What I have not heard about is an actual failed side stand, it is the actual stand that has been replaced, not the bolt, or hinge as far as I could tell

4. + 1

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Similar: sidestand replaced here in the Netherlands. Haven't had an issue with it so far, but now presumably I won't in future either.

6. had mine replaced today

7. Yeah whole stand replaced as a precaution, 10 minute job at the dealer. I think I remember them saying it was a faulty weld somewhere on it? Might be wrong

8. Hmm strange, I can only come to one conclusion for these recalls and warranty works. I find it odd how all the bits I've had changed on my bike under warranty have been great since they were replaced. i.e the clocks, both handlebar switch clusters, side stand switch and heated grips. It's like in the factory they fit them with cheaper parts then if they fail they fit a better quality part.
    I think it's a way of keeping the production costs of the bikes down, and then just changing the ones that fail once the bike is sold. I'm guessing overall they think there saving money. In my eyes there losing out because a lot of people look at these faults as reliability problems and it puts them off buying a Ducati.

9. New stand fitted to my bike today by the excellent chaps at Snells. 10 minute job - plus a thoroughly enjoyable ride in the weirdly warm sunny weather down there.

10. Just back on the forum afer a few weeks off the interweb (Cumbria floods work). Got my side stand replaced by J&L Carlisle in late November , but the date/time update/patch has reset already. Could be the flat battery though? Anyone else had that?

11. Hotpoint/Indesit have issued a safety recall notice on certain models of tumble dryers, including mine. So they told me today they are sending an engineer to my home on 8 January to install modified parts, free of charge. Somehow I cannot see Ducati UK (or any other bike firm) doing this.

12. I wonder if Yamaha would do that for their R1 gearbox issues [emoji23]

• Like Like x 1
  13. Given the cost of the engineer / call out and the part as a ratio to the value of the appliance that's a hefty cost 30~50%.

On another note you can't drive the tumble dryer....(mines fully automatic.... Mrs. AC get that washing on)

14. Man in a van turned up. He spent an hour stripping the tumble dryer to pieces and rebuilding it with new backplate, drum bearings, and several other parts. This exercise must have cost Hotpoint/Indesit/Whirlpool as much as I paid for the appliance in the first place. On the other hand, being sued by people whose houses have burned down because of defective appliances could cost even more.

15. I would have thought you were more of a Miele kind of chap ;)

16. Wish they'd issued a recall for my 916, maybe it would have prevented it snapping?

17. Amazing that this issue is still grumbling (or tumbling) on. I'm all right Jack, mine was fixed a year ago.
    Faulty tumble dryers: More than 35,000 sign recall petition - BBC News

Do Not Sell My Personal Information