1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 Was It Really That Bad ?

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by noobie, Nov 7, 2016.

1. Veery interesting , black clothing with a red frame ,, looks good , ( so I could just wrap my fairings matt / imm carbon black :grinning: )

2. 20160708_114846.jpg Gotta say after all the reds and blacks ....yella still works best for me.:D

20160702_122112.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  3. Why did they make the SA adjusters in a different colour to the SA?

4. I think they are an uncoated, natural alloy finish, unlike the swinging arm, although I'm not certain if that is anodised or powder.

#104 Old rider, Dec 17, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
  5. Adjusters are bare alloy ,swinger is anodised grey alloy...there are some fancy billet adjusters available, next on my to buy list.

6. I know there are some Gilles ones for the black version, haven't seen any for the grey

7. Once again, when I filled up the 999 yesterday, the guy with the car in front asked me what model my "lovely new bike" is...

• Like Like x 1
  8. That was a chat up!

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. He didn't have football paraphernalia in his car, but any chance, did he?

10. riding a harley ??

11. I'm not a fan of the black matt bikes, they just look like it's been stolen and some scrotes with tins of matt black from Halfords have tried to disguise it. They also time date to about 3-4 years ago where people did the matt black thing, thought it was cool but then realised it was like pine cladding and lycra.

Gloss black on the other hand, lovely.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. When peeps admire my bike i tell them it was the runt of the litter and no one bought them cos they were ugly.

13. Like the gloss black one behind?

DSC_0375.JPG

#113 RickyX, Dec 18, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Dont know why ducati didnt pick up on the black with red frame combo. Looks well.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. I love this thread. But it makes me go straight to the classifieds to check out 999's.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Snap....im on a lazy lookout for a 749s/999s anyway so reading this just gives me a kick up the arse!

17. This is for sale at £4500.

IMG_0070.JPG

IMG_0071.JPG

18. Thanks for that! Looks nice but im after a mono. GLWS :thumbsup:

19. seat / subframe units are interchangeable in about 30 mins , cost about £ 200

20. It is a mono with carbon fibre seat unit.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information