1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 Was It Really That Bad ?

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by noobie, Nov 7, 2016.

1. :Facepalm::Facepalm::Facepalm::Facepalm::Facepalm: I see the issue, you :Finger:

:Hilarious:

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 2
  2. Ah yes that makes sense now!
    IMG_4610.PNG

I used to have Ducati performance mirrors like these. And yes you only use the top fixings. From memory I think it was just a rubber bung to fill the hole, not a bolt.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Perfect! Thank you for putting me out my misery.

• Love You Love You x 1
  4. @DoctorW

What cowl is that mate that you have in place of the seat? I have a carbon one there but it's a pretty shoddy fit to be honest, your's looks good.

• Love You Love You x 1
  5. You appear to have TT as your wing man :Wideyed::Nailbiting:

6. I saw my first one parked on Newbury Street in Boston back in 2011. It was love at first sight and I spent the next 5 years wearing down my wife's resistance. It's not in the garage and I'm looking forward to some descent weather. I think it is by far the best looking bike Ducati have done.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. 'now' I hope you mean :Nailbiting:

• Like Like x 1
  8. I did. Ducking spell checker!

9. YES, I was looking at your pic with the non standard mirrors and explaining that you can use a standard nut and bolt through the unused hole, to hold the top fairing in place.

I agree, the mirror fixings need to be the shear bolts, but, if you are using different mirrors, then a standard nut and bolt can be used to secure the fairing top.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Looking for 2005 999 dp map for 57mm symmetric system. Anyone here has bin file of it?

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  11. Picture proves Ducati themselves were having a designer meltdown at the time... They couldn't even manage to fit it with two wheels of the same colour..!

12. Take a look at @Bob T 's blog.
    He describes how to convert a projector headlamp to provide both main and dip.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. IMG_5551.JPG IMG_5550.JPG Ventura siderails/homemade rack and oxford panniers ready for Austria later this year. Usually travel light with tank bag and gf has backpack. Wider than the bars so I'll have to be careful filtering!

• Like Like x 5
  14. I wrote off one of the original Tuono RSVR's in 2004. It was a lovely bike, brilliant handling with Ohlins front and rear. Happily, as there were only 50 brought into the UK (and 200 world wide)it was a rare and expensive bike and I got a sufficiently large insurance payment to buy a virtually new 999.
    I thought the Ducati was incredible. A slim bike, it was good for my short legs and it was so easy to ride. The "hissing" brakes and road manners were really good and I have never had a bike before or since, that gave the same level of confidence and rock solid stability when on its ear. I had a similar experience when riding a friend's 1098s recently. Combine that with the wonderful sound of the Termis and that fantastic red paint, I wish I had kept it!

• Like Like x 6
  15. Yes

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. I'm sorry your Horner but I believe that this is a leading question.

17. Who has the horn? The plot thickens!

18. I was never impressed by the horn on the 999 but the horn that the bike gives me is another matter.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. 999's are sexy and the 999R needs a good shafting.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. I'm sorry but my tounge is now hangging on by a thread after biting it for so long.Its a Ducati so it is family . But everybody has that "special "member of the family that isn't quite right the cruel amongst us may point and laugh but after the 916 996 + 998 THE most beautiful creation ever made full stop...... See the Michelangelo of bike design mr tambourine man.Ok it won some races but the bikes you can buy from your local showroom with their swanky sales men (with a ping star shine on there left top incisor*) are not the same as the ultra light waight striped down to the bare bones racer that we see on the track.It looks beautiful in the centre but not for me?
    As they said in the matrix there can be only one ( oh Fek that was highlander) no sorry it is the chose one.916 996 or 998 only full stop
    .....,,,,''''' - for the grammar police when they arriv3
    P.s.love u

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information