1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird Acceleration Issue

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by CraigAlesandroFoschi, Mar 26, 2017.

1. Evening all,
    Just wondering if anyone is able to guide me in the right path please.

Bike: Ducati Monster 696+
    Modifications: Termigioni Exhaust, ECU and Air Filter/Box

Issue appears to be when full throttle over 8000rpm.
    Engine Management Light comes on,
    Throttle wide open,
    loses drive,
    revs then drop,
    drive picks up again,
    change gear,
    Engine Management light goes off and repeats after 8000rpm when full throttle again.

Sorry if I have failed to explain clearly and hope someone understands and can shed some light on the issue.

Kind regards,
    Craig

2. I think that 8k is the rev limit of this engine!

3. if it wasnt for the revs dropping id say maybee your clutch is slipping

4. Thank you everyone for the quick replies! Spoken to a Ducati mechanic and he seems to think with the engine management light coming on it's an electrical issue, so could be the Termi Ecu, injector failing or sensor problem... So im going to try the standard Ecu back in and see if it solves the issue before booking the bike in! Thanks again for the replies much appreciated!

5. Does it have a programmable rev limiter? If so, it may need to be re-set at a higher RPM

• Like Like x 1
  6. Loses drive or loses power?

Loses drive suggests that the power is still being produced by the engine but not getting to the back wheel - usually down to clutch slip.

Loses power means the engine is no longer producing the power it was and both engine and bike will slow down.

As has been suggested, it does sound as though the engine is being rev-restricted by the ecu.

Is it possible that this is something in a menu controlled by dash buttons, perhaps intended to limit revs during running in??

Do Not Sell My Personal Information