1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Welcome to the new look Ducati Forum

Discussion in 'Forum News' started by Rob, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Hi Rob,

To be fair I'm in Africa at the moment using a really dodgey wifi set up so it was probably more to do with that than anything else?

All the best,

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. @JerryXt I made the homepage navigation much better now. Check it out when you've a chance.

3. I think it may be an IE thing Pete. I'm on Safari, have tested it on Firefox and Chrome too and they all work as you want them to.

4. Thanks for highlighting. Will fix asap.

5. That's all very well, but Internet Explorer has always been the most popular browser in the world, at least until very recently.

6. Fixed.

7. As an idea; you could do your draft/editing in a Word or equivalent package, with 'cut and paste' facility, so you can 'cut and paste' to your hearts content, and then 'cut and paste' the final version into the requisite DF space? Not too difficult, surely?

8. Cool, thanks!

9. True. On the old forum that approach did not work very well, but I have not yet tried it on the new one. I shall do. But the point is, our esteemed Rob has asked to be informed about any respects in which the forum does not work properly - as I have done.

10. Actually not true...

Mosaic was the world's most popular browser when it was first released in September 1993, as it was the only web browser available widely to the public at the time. There had been other browsers before then (for example the Lynx text-based browser) but these were not widely distributed.
    Netscape became the world's most popular browser in 1995 shortly after its release in 1994 and did things better than Mosaic.
    Internet Explorer (v1.0) was released in 1995 but it wasn't until 1996, when Netscape had a share of around 86% of the browser market, that Internet Explorer v3 started to gain traction and started to grow and held around 10% of the market.
    It was with Internet Explorer 4 in 1997 that things really took off and Internet Explorer 5 saw it become the dominant browser for the first time in 1999.
    Microsoft reached its peak in 2004 with a 92% market share across all versions of Internet Explorer but it has been falling ever since, to around 12% in July 2013.

Just thought you'd appreciate the facts ;)

• Like Like x 1
  11. I suspect that IE is losing ground because there is no good reason to use it.
    What is it better at than anything else?
    And yet there seems to be a constant stream of what it is worse at.
    It is surely totally superfluous.

12. @Rob

If I had a choice (I presume I haven't), in the Watched Threads section, I'd sort of preferred it if it was like the old site. On the old site, the only things that appeared here were unread posts on threads you had contributed to. On the new site, you get all the threads whether you have read them or not.
    Of course, the unread stuff is at the top, but it's still a bit like a bottomless pit of emails. At some stage, you sort of want to know that you are up to date and have done your homework: there are no more threads that need replying to. You want to clear your thread list.
    Is this a possible tweak? An option buried in the Preferences?

13. Must admit it's taken me a while to get used to the new layout, and I can understand why a few have fallen by the wayside. Then again there's about a zillion newby threads every day, so we won't be lonely for long...

14. I'm used to it now, still a bit fiddly but its OK

15. Hi Glid,

You should only get unread content appear in the Watched threads. When all is read, you should see an empty screen like this:

Screen Shot 2014-05-23 at 6.07.00 PM.png

#315 Rob, May 23, 2014
    Last edited: May 23, 2014
  16. Well I still do not like it and am doomed to tapatalk until I do.

Saying that website now appears on google now topics I might be interested in with preview and ability to view it by voice command (ok google go to ducati forum :p). Nice.

17. Don't listen to him........................ he is foreign

18. By the look of the pictures I am an alien, legal or not, it is you who is the foreigner ;)

19. Pah is only my silhouette!!
    I am Engrish you know!!:Smug:

20. Never did I not notice otherwise..... With all that sarcasm and all

Do Not Sell My Personal Information