1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Tyres Panigale 1199

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by JAM35, May 9, 2016.

?
  1. Pirelli Diablo super corsa

53.3%
  2. Metzler m7rr

46.7%
  1. I know that this has been asked many times but it's my time now.
    Need some new tyres for my 1199 abs panigale. I just use the bike for general road riding and Sunday blasts.
    Thanks everyone.
    Regard
    James

2. the 1299 comes with pirelli supercorsa tyres - the SP model for road use.

they are awesome on dry roads and good on the track.

not brilliant in the wet - but liveable with

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Rosso Corsa

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I've recently fitted the Metzeler M7RRs in 200/55 to my 1199s - I've done a track day and a France trip on wet and dry roads on them so pretty well tested in most extremes. Absolutely mindblowing grip in the wet, dry and on track (both damp and dry on the day). Highly recommended

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Metzeler's, no question! Supercorsa's are great once up to temp, but for general road riding you're just not going to make the most of them. The Metzeler are the perfect all round tyre IMO. Wish they did them in 180/60 so I could fit them to the 899!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Michelin pilot power supersport evo's. I've run them for a few years now also 500 miles in torrential rain coming back from Germany and they still gripped great.

7. Metzler all day long now, super-Corsa's are great but they've not really upgraded them to the year and technology of your bike, use in the wet is poor at the least, then you need a mile or two dual carriageway to warm them up,
    Ive been off work a while now but if your after the supercorsa's sticky confidence then see if Metz do the racetec RR in the 200, I'm sure they do but can't remember of top of my head, if not then metz M7RR would push almost any street rider to find their limit come rain, sun or track fast group.
    I'm in the m/c tyre trade so feedback from all makes of bike and their riders plus this dedicated forum would follow this choice I'm sure

#7 andyt749, May 10, 2016
    Last edited: May 10, 2016
  8. Just checked, Metz do the racetec RR K3 dot coded(i.e street legal) in your rear size, if your thinking SC's because of dry days only super sticky confidence, then I guarantee you will be gobsmacked at how good these are even in the run in period, they are better in the wet than SC's but still not a wet tyres, these will also save you money, if you are riding in the wet a reasonable amount this or next season bang on the M7RR's and keep an open mind, you will be impressed, cheers, Andy

• Like Like x 1
  9. Hi Andy. Thanks for your input. Yes sc's in the wet are not very confidence inspiring. !! I am happy with the sc's for the sort of riding I do and was considering them as they are original fitment on the bike. Metzlers seem to have very good reviews. I tend to do quite a few motorway and a road miles so need a tyre that doesn't square off quickly. In your experience would the metzlers be better in this respect.
    Cheers
    James

10. Thread moved

11. They absolutely would, yes.

12. Hi James, good to help you find your right tyres,
    What you need to do is work out what your riding is going to consist of if motorways are involved for more than 10% of most journeys then you need to forget the SC's and Racetec RR's, you then step down one sector into hypersport tyres which are built for 80% road and the other for track, so all the main manufacturers have their product, the M7RR, I can honestly say that I've had one bad set of feedback and it was from a friend on this forum, I truley believe his ability on his rsv4 suffered as he had always been on SC's with thar bike, that bike WAs only ridden when it was a hot cloudless sky, he may stand up and and confirm for me but when he put them on his other bike (less racier) he felt they were better suited,
    You need to move to M7RR and join the other approx 290 customers last year never had a bad word to say about them
    M7RR is what you need for your next set, ive not had many people happy on bridgstone on a duke, had a few happy on Dunlop old models, had a few more happy on Michelin power 3's
    I would state m7rr would give approx 3.5-4.5k as long as your not flat out everywhere, the grip in the wet is as good in the dry due to being developed by guy martin for road racing, needs to ride as fast under damp overhanging tree-lines as well as bone dry open road,
    I just don't know what else to say, I only advise according to the feedback my customers give me (give or take a few that lied about what there true riding style was like!) get um on, you will be gobsmacked how good they are,
    thx, Andy (the guy that struggles to give short replies!):upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Anyone know any good places near London/Hertfordshire to fit metzler tires?

14. BMW fit either the Supercorsa SP which I have on my bike or the Metzeller out of the factory which I did 600 miles on a hire bike so I've had the chance to do a good comparison. Whilst I prefer the Supercorsas due to their extra little bit of side wall stickiness whilst giving it beans in the dry, for some one who does mostly road miles I would definately recommend the Metzellers as they are a lot better than the Pirellis in the wet and almost as good in the dry. They are look the perfect compromise as in my opinion the Rosso Corsas and other 'Hypersport' tyres are too road/touring biased for 1x99 race bikes.

15. Ive just swapped my tyres on my 1199R for a set of Metzlers RR K3's I think they work really well with the bike, they warm up quickly and give loads of feedback. But the important thing is to get your suspension set up correctly too.. Cos even the best tyre will feel crap with a poor set up.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information