1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Why My Life Is Incomplete Without A Multi ......

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by HyperMac, Dec 9, 2016.

1. The best bike in the world. Miles and miles of smiles.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Just a great bike to ride , fun and exciting .

3. Sold my 1290SA 5 months after buying it new. Talk about issues, just try and get help from KTM customer. What a joke that company is. I had problem after problem with that bike. Want me to list them? Just read the forums, then run away from the KTM dealers...

Now the Multistrada Enduro - wow- the best handling bike I've ever owned, hands down. Btw, most recent prior to the 1290SA were BMW K1200GT, Kawasaki Concours, Suzuki GSX...so have some experience with big bikes. We will see what issues arise on the Enduro, but no problems so far whatsoever.

• Like Like x 2
  4. I came to my 1200s DVT after owning a BMW1200RT tourer. The multi is as comfy as the RT (i.e. really really comfortable), and as easy to ride. Both are great for long rides down unknown roads. But crack open the throttle on the duc and it goes braAAAPPP as it hurls you giggling at the horizon. No RT has ever gone braaap, nor made anyone giggle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. It's brilliant for what you have in mind.

I rode the Hyperstrada for a day or so, as a loan bike while the dealer was installing extra stuff on my Multi: they're pretty much exact opposites, in all the best ways, except for both having a comfortable riding position.

The Multistrada is fantastic for high-speed, long-distance riding around Europe. I'm based in Amsterdam and bounce around that region, so this isn't theoretical :)

It's incredibly comfortable even after a long, cold day in the rain, is surprisingly sure-footed and, as Roland says, makes you giggle when you launch it. When I need to bounce across this traffic strip and nip down that gravel lane, I don't hesitate. It has vast amounts of power, delivered in exactly the way you ask for it: gentle and discreet when you just want a little more, but it'll go from standstill to Autobahn-worthy speeds in second gear, and you'll still be giggling when you wind it out in third. It also doesn't make you creak and groan after a long day's riding; you just get off and move on to the next thing.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. As I mentioned earlier, I've been riding an MT-10 whilst preserving my DVT. The MT-10 is a great bike but after 4500 miles on it I was starting to miss my DVT. On Monday evening coming home from work the fuel light come on and I couldn't bring myself to stop in the lashing rain and I went straight home rather than fill up. I knew I had half a tank still in the DVT and decided I'd just ride that for one day into central London and then go out fill and up the MT-10 once I got back home. I immediately realised how much I'd been missing the DVT and so far I've now been commuting on it solidly since then.

My DVT is now exactly a year old with 7500 miles and I want to just start riding it again. Very hard to find some restraint, even though I know there's a 4 month old MT-10 with a screen, comfort seat, heated grips and a quick-shifter just sitting there just waiting for me to fuel it up and go and enjoy that awesome CP4 engine which is lighter and makes a bit more power at the rear wheel than the DVT. I'm still more drawn to the DVT than I am the MT-10.

It's a tough life having to make these decisions. I don't how I manage it sometimes, but I get by, one day at a time.

7. Funny. My Ducati dealer is also a KTM dealer. So any problems with the Ducati I call KTM........

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do Not Sell My Personal Information