1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will fitting a Oberon Cyclone pressure plate effect a slipper clutch on a 1098/1198

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by jangol, Oct 15, 2012.

1. As the title says..

running a factor slipper clutch on my 1098s, just removed a Oberon Cyclone Red pressure & Ducati Corse Carbon open clutch cover from my 749.. Thinking about sticking it on my new bike...

Im guessing it will fit, but not sure if it will bugger up my slipper clutch function...

Any ideas...

2. IIRC the pressure plates are different... One is groovy and one is not.

3. What's IIRC mean.. (Sorry to sound dumb) & are you saying it will make the clutch NOT slip...?!.?

thanks
    JA

4. If I Recall Correctly

5. If I Remember Correctly...:upyeah:

No probs.

Yeah; the back of the one below (slipper) has no grooves to engage with the clutch hub.
    The non-slipper (normal stock OEM) plate has gloves in it.
    You could transpose your bling I guess, if you could get a machine shop to de-groove yours.

Slipper.
    [​IMG]

Normal....
    [​IMG]

#5 Nelson, Oct 15, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
  6. It might not be as simple as that. Depending on the what 'factory slipper' is fitted. If it is the Bucci type the spring recesses are very different as the hub post height is lower.

7. Not sure as yet, as I've not removed the clutch cover yet to inspect..

What's the general consensus then?

stick the Oberon Plate up for sale (got SS springs & matching red caps)

or.. something else....

8. Swap the bits over and flog me that crappie ole slipper....:upyeah:

9. ummm.. I want to keep the slipper option.. think I may been needing it coming from a 749 to a 1098s :wink: .. I t like the bling clutch factor.. now if you have a bling plate that will do the job.. we could have a deal going... :upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information