1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wsbk Reverse Grids For 2017

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Jolley, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Turns a world championship into a bit of a farce i think.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Just watch BSB far better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Yep, not sure what it is, maybe the tracks keep the racing interesting in the uk because the bikes if anything have outgrown most of them but I much prefer bsb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Race Two starts, the field reaches the first corner on lap one. All the first nine guys reach the same piece of tarmac at the same time. All fall in a big heap. How many times will this have to happen before the penny drops?

• Like Like x 1
  5. It won't. Love the idea, makes it more of a spectacle.:upyeah:

6. Sounds like the F1 qualifying farce, they'll soon change it when it goes tits up!

7. I remember reverse grids from when I raced karts as a kid

Rolling starts & absolute carnage as all of the slower drivers at the front get fully loaded in to turn one and fired off in to the tyres.

Great memories

#8 Advikaz, Dec 6, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. This is reverse on the front 3 rows, where at worst there is normally half a second or so between 1 and 9. :)

9. They have been using this format in British Touring Cars for a while and it has worked really well resulting in some close racing and the odd surprise winner. Anyway won't make any difference to Chas as he routinely had to play catch up last season which he did really well. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  10. so should you ride ya tits off and come away with a first in race one, ya get reward with a ninth place start in race two... Seems a bit harsh...

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. According to Chaz Davies' media feeds, he doesn't seem that bothered. Just chomping at the bit to get out there and at everyone.... which is good news for Ducati fans!

Nobody is going to settle for less points in race one for a grid spot in race 2, because no result is guaranteed in the second race. The way Davies and Rea were riding at the end of the season they could have started at the back of the grid and still won. At least this will give a Haydn/Lowes opportunity to try to get away a bit before they get through a few places. However, apart from a little excitement in the first 2 laps, I don't think it will significantly change any results. However, it will create quite a fight for 9th place from those in 10th/11th etc....

12. 10th downwards R2 grid also has dnf's from 1st race according to Q time, so possibly some quick riders on 4th row.

• Like Like x 1
  13. I like the bsb 2nd race grid system. Fastest lap in R1 pole.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. This system is okish on paper apart from the fact it devalues a world championship imho, but if one of the top 3 from R1, on 3rd row in R2 has a bad start he could end up at rear of the pack.
    I think the new rule is crap, creating overtaking with a gimmick is not the way to make a world championship interesting.

15. They have to do something. Even MGP is far more exciting. :)

16. Total waste of time,Donna stop playing to the TV execs.

17. Used to the norm in hot rods ( maybe even still is ) ,made for exciting races , something similar in saloons ( tho places drawn from a hat

Do Not Sell My Personal Information