1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1098s - Rosso Corsa On The Front - Supercorsa On The Back - Safe?

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by mattmccabebrown, May 29, 2014.

1. Oh dear, I hope you are OK.

2. Sorry to hear that how's the bike?

3. [​IMG]

Pretty much all my leathers looks like this too
    [​IMG]

4. Oooooh, that makes me hurt inside.

At least you aren't badly damaged, Matt. Right?

5. Looked like leathers didn't cope too well, even at a high speed slide

Bet you have some lovely leather burns...oucha

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Yeah nice set of Alpinestars coming my way in the winter sales ;)

7. Easy said I know but wouldnt worry too much about the bike.
    Speedy recovery lad..

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Or they worked well and did their job - hence Matt's alive and posting?
    I'm inclined to regard leathers as I do crash hats. One (serious) use and they're buggered?

9. It's what I running at the mo until I need a new back tyre, no problems for me on the road road but if you push hard on track you may find a bit of rear push

10. Nope they did a shit job! Look at the holes in them. Matt should have been able to bin it at 130, slide down. The road, kick it back into shape them do it again! If there is a hole like that, I dread to see what state Matt's skin is in...

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. I can show you a photo if you like ;)

12. I assume you agree they didnt do the best job then...I've split seams and ripped stretch panels but never worn holes in leathers even at 100mph all the way down paddock hill slides

13. Yes seems burst, but to go through the leather on the arms is a little disappointing.

14. Like car-crash tv, you know someone is going to say 'without pics it didnt happen'

15. What make were they?

16. Think it says arlen ness on whats left of them

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Sorry to see you had an off, but sounds like your OK, which is the main thing.

• Like Like x 1
  18. would it depend on how old the leathers are, I take it they suffer from daily wear and tear maybe a life span bit like a helmet although hopefully longer than 5 or 7 years
    that said had a set of spike leathers for 10 years but in fairness never had an off to test them out

that 1098s makes me sad I have the same and i actually said 'ouch' when the pic came up

19. Yeah, to be fair they were under undue stress being wrapped around Matt.

20. And I thought I was unsympathetic !

Do Not Sell My Personal Information